Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i hope its ok if I post here even though I need help with a terrier not a poodle.

We recently took on a Jack Russel terrier mix for fostering. 4 year old neutered male. He has only been with us for a week. We expect him to stay flr 2 or 3 months. He is starting to slowly get out of the 'oh my god what happened where am I' shut down phase and his personality and true behaviour is beginning to bloom. Including some worrying resource guarding.

So I would appreciate any resources you might know about on this issue. Articles, podcasts, books, videos, anything which you would recommend.

Also he is being particularly ferocious about a new chew. I was wondering whether I should remove it and hide it next time my SO takes the dog for a walk?

That way the dog doesnt see me removing the high value item. But do you think he will still make the connection? That his favourite thing has disappeared and he therefore now needs to guard things even harder? Or is a walk a good enough distraction/seperation between the action (i have a high value chew) and the consequence (my high value chew has disappeared) to prevent him from making a connection?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.