Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is my Rocco who passed in October. Although the build may be similar, it is definitely not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gorgeous boy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I assume you also own/have owned poodles since you're here; can I ask how you think Dobies' temperaments are different from poodles'?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is my fully shaved Annie. Not a phantom, but shows you the build... it strikes me as more hunting dog/pointer than Dobie. View attachment 467050
Ah yeah I definitely see your point. It also occurs to me that phantom poodles tend to have a more apricot colored marking on black/red, whereas Dobies tend toward deep red/brown on black/red.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a mini poodle, but he actually reminds me a lot of Rocco. My dobe was clingy and loved attention, absolutely loved his family and people he knew. He was wary of strangers and a bit aloof with them. I would love another, but the health problems so prevalent, even in genetically tested dogs from reputable breeders scares me. He was only 7 and that was a heartbreak we were not ready for. He was also huge at 100 lbs. such a good and loving boy and so handsome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Heartbreaking. I'm sorry, Poodlelove. :(

I've definitely witnessed that aloofness from Dobermans in our classes, but when they decide to be your friend, oh what a wonderful feeling! I met a real lover in line at a local hardware store. I wanted to take him home with me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts