Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in search for a Standard Poodle puppy from some time now and have realized that it has never been harder than now to find an amazing and healthy puppy to add to our family than now. We are looking for a puppy that we can potentially take to dog shows and breed in the future. But primarily we are looking for a companion for our kids, that is most important. We are from Ontario, Canada and are willing to drive up to 10 hours (hopefully they will open boarders soon). Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look and/or who to contact? TIA

Registered
There's a Breeder List being compiled and I'll add the link. One caution, we're hearing that waitlists are extending into 2021 in some cases, so if you're looking for a quality dog from a quality breeder, you likely have a wait ahead of you. Many of the Resources at the top will apply outside the US and the actual Canadian listings will be found after the US listings.
HTH

Super Moderator
Also here are two in Ontario where members got their poodles and are happy with them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Also here are two in Ontario where members got their poodles and are happy with them.

Thank you very much! I tired contact Arreau Standard Poodles but had no luck in getting through :(. I am not a big fan of parti poodles though and prefer to stick to just one colour. Appreciate the recommendation!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
There's a Breeder List being compiled and I'll add the link. One caution, we're hearing that waitlists are extending into 2021 in some cases, so if you're looking for a quality dog from a quality breeder, you likely have a wait ahead of you. Many of the Resources at the top will apply outside the US and the actual Canadian listings will be found after the US listings.
HTH
Thank you. I have been finding that that is the case. I have reached out to breeders now in Germany and abroad and will most likely be looking at getting a dog in 2021. My kids are going to be disappointed, but I would hate to rush into something like this because of 6-8 months. I can't believe how difficult it is to get a quality pup. It is also even more complicated when you are trying to stay away from inbreeding and want to look at diversity. Thank you for your input.

Registered
I think I saw a litter at one of the Ottawa breeders when I was adding to Rose n poos list a week or so ago... the Ottawa valley poodle club has lists of many breeders and the Canadian poodle club sometimes has listings

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I think I saw a litter at one of the Ottawa breeders when I was adding to Rose n poos list a week or so ago... the Ottawa valley poodle club has lists of many breeders and the Canadian poodle club sometimes has listings
I don't think any breeders in Ottawa have puppies. This seem to all be sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts