Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. We just lost of beloved 13 1/2 year white standard Abby. Broke our hearts. Anyone know standard breeders they recommend in the vicinity of Wilkes Barre and Scranton?

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
What a beauty. I'm so sorry :(

Here's a good place to start your search:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ironically I went in for a hip replacement and somehow got Covid. Twenty one days in intensive care. Abby stayed home with my wife and three days after I got home had an attack. She was 13 1/2 and had Cushings, Diabetes, Cataracts and Lyme. Up to when I went into the hospital she was walking in the park with us every day. So sad.
jack

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Aw Jack.... That is just devastating. Cushing's is no fun. My last little girl had it. Losing her knocked me right off my orbit for a full year, but somehow the anniversary of her death provided some closure. Grief is a mysterious, personal thing, so go easy on yourself.

I hope you've had a full recovery from covid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ironically I went in for a hip replacement and somehow got Covid. Twenty one days in intensive care. Abby stayed home with my wife and three days after I got home had an attack. She was 13 1/2 and had Cushings, Diabetes, Cataracts and Lyme. Up to when I went into the hospital she was walking in the park with us every day. So sad.
jack
Aw Jack.... That is just devastating. Cushing's is no fun. My last little girl had it. Losing her knocked me right off my orbit for a full year, but somehow the anniversary of her death provided some closure. Grief is a mysterious, personal thing, so go easy on yourself.

I hope you've had a full recovery from covid.
I swam across the lake we live at When we got back to Pennsylvania so I guess I’m ok. My wife was worried I had lung damage as I had Bi Lateral Pneumonia also.
this all took place in Florida where we have a home. Abby loved riding through the wildlife refuges barking at pigs.

·
Premium Member
23,620 Posts
Not in PA, but if you are willing to go a bit further afield my boy's breeder is having a fall litter and another member here is actually on her puppy list. They are Delana and Mark Severs (Madela Poodles) in Connecticut (near New Haven). Javelin as a puppy is my signature picture.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My son’s buddy has a Labrador that was a pseudo playmate for Abby since they live across the street from us. Being they both work we take him down this mountain I own so he can walk on my road. Poor guy is 14 and today I noticed he has to be lifted into the car like Abby. Kind of a sad sack dog but I feel bad for him. My wife is always sweeping he sheds so much. I tell him Abby said to take him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts