Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for recommendations for reputable standard breeders in the northeast/new england area. We are experienced standard owners, but had a rescue.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I think you would have much more success if you contact some great breeders in Canada since you are so close to them also ! Tango, Signet, Clasique - so many great breeders there (IMO). Unless you can contact Cabernet Poodles (MaryOlund) - they will direct you to the best on the East Coast :):):)

Best of luck !!!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend Cabryn Poodles in Hackettstown, NJ (908)852-3299. Website: www.cabrynpoodles.com. The breeder, Carolyn O'Rourke, is devoted, knowledgeable, seasoned, honest and her dogs are MAGNIFICIENT in form, function and personality. I have one of her phenomenal minis, and have met many of her standards as well. She's a great poodle person; she does all the testing, stands behind all her dogs, is always available to field any questions or help you make decisions about your dog's training and health requirements. You can tell her Chagall's mom suggested you contact her. Best of luck wherever you go to search for and find your spoo!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Proud - whomever you choose to contact ask for health testing results - they should be listed on the official OFA site or copies sent to you for a review.

Also ask for "Sale Contract" - it should give you at least 2 year health warranty with option to get a new healthy puppy if anything genetic occurs .

Also look for a breeder who will take a dog back if you can not take care of it for whatever reason or one who would help you find a new home.

Look for a breeder who is very friendly and honest and is always awailable to answer allllll of your questions and ask a LOT of questions.

Look for a breeder who grooms his/her pups at least 3 times before 8 weeks and works on socialization of pups and also starts early potty training.

Look for a breeder who is experienced in puppy temperament testing and knows how to do that and how to match puppy with right home.

Ask about parents temperaments and photos of both parents in stance position so you can check confirmation for yourself if both of the dogs are not AKC Champions.

I wish you the best of luck !

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Although I haven't bought a poodle from her, Carolyn O'Rourke has been a great resource for me and willing to spend time talking to me and e-mailing me. She was just named Mini Breeder of the Year for 2009. Can't remember how many champions she has produced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts