Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a poodle puppy from a reputable breeder. I would ideally like the dog to be around 10-12 pounds when full grown so I'm assuming it would need to be an oversize toy or a small miniature. I'm looking for a red or apricot poodle, which I get is going to also make this a harder find.

I'm open to breeders all over the United States. I had a red miniature that was around 11 pounds his entire adult life, however, he was poorly bred. I'm trying to find this time a responsible breeder who does the proper health testing on the parents. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I keep finding toy breeders with litters that are expected to get to around 4-5 pounds or miniature breeders with litters expected to get to 16-18 pounds. I'm concerned about having a dog that tiny (4-5 pounds) but I also want a dog that I would be able to lift if I needed to and 16-18 pounds is too heavy with my back issues.

Any suggestions of breeders that may have this size?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Danube has smaller reds. I am sure some or all are within your size range. She has a litter now but I'm sure they are probably spoken for. But may have another before too long. She is one of the few good red breeders and does show. But she doesn't like puppies to fly so must be able to drive to TN. I drove 12 hours and it was fine. She works with DiMarnique in Delaware so that's another that may have what you want. Both title their dogs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Danube has smaller reds. I am sure some or all are within your size range. She has a litter now but I'm sure they are probably spoken for. But may have another before too long. She is one of the few good red breeders and does show. But she doesn't like puppies to fly so must be able to drive to TN. I drove 12 hours and it was fine. She works with DiMarnique in Delaware so that's another that may have what you want. Both title their dogs.
Thanks - I looked into Danube. Unfortunately, I don't have a car and with the pandemic and all getting there isn't an option at the moment. I did contact DiMarnique's too. I think they're not breeding again until Spring 2021. So, I have them on my list of possibilities but still looking around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts