Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y’all!

It’s been a little while! Some of you might remember us, I have a, now, 5 year old Spoo named Hazel.

My sister is Quossum.

I was pretty active around here and then the board had a password update thing and for some reason I never could get my password to update. I eventually gave up and life seemed to just pass by, and here we are 5 years on down the road.

Well, we just welcomed a new spoo to our pack! Her name is “Sprinkle of Spicy Specs” and we call her Pepper. She’s 12 weeks old. She’s from the same breeder as Hazel but not the same line. (They may share some ancestors but I haven’t actually looked to see. I don’t think they do though.)

She was a bit of a spontaneous purchase. We new we wanted another dog but we hadn’t settled on another spoo. Pepper came about and we went for it. I owe some pictures! I’ll get some good ones this weekend. We’ve had her about 3 weeks and she just had her first “here” bath.

I’m looking forward to becoming active in the community again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Welcome back! Be sure to post the latest photos of Hazel. I was always curious about what color she would end up being.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! She has turned out gorgeous! (If I do say so myself!). I had another poodle person describe her color as “Seal” and that’s extremely accurate.

Here’s one picture but hopefully today I can get some better ones. (As always, her true color doesn’t photograph well). And I’ll toss in one of Pepper too.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
You made it back in!!!! Great to see you here again.

I guess now we really can be known as "the parti sisters"!!!! *high five*

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome back! Hazel looks awesome with the rocker TK/ hairdo and the new pup is real cutie!

Reactions: itzmeigh

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back! Hazel looks awesome with the rocker TK/ hairdo and the new pup is real cutie!

I shaved her all the way off about a year in a half ago and she’s just about grown back to where I like her. I trimmed up her top knot the weekend we got Pepper. Usually she looks much more “Rock Star” because I hate to scissor! Haha!

Her brackets are so long I step on them so it’s about time for a little trim on them.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Gorgeous puppy! I love how she looks like a little cow. I don't think seal is a color in poodles. Perhaps she is a blue? They can be brown tinged from sun exposure, especially in the long hair.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gorgeous puppy! I love how she looks like a little cow. I don't think seal is a color in poodles. Perhaps she is a blue? They can be brown tinged from sun exposure, especially in the long hair.

She’s registered as blue but she is not blue. You’d have to see her in person. Like I said, pictures don’t do her justice. She’s not brown tinged (she did look it a bit in that picture but that’s sun exposure.)

She doesn’t really fit any “poodle color” other than force fitting her into a category.

She has brindle in her line. From her mom. She also has dilute. Seal may not be an actual poodle color (but as far as AKC is concerned neither is brindle, partí, or phantom, so...) but it is a description that fits her best.

Here’s a pretty good side shot of her laying down. Her shades are harder to make out in a picture and when she’s trimmed short. The color differences show up best in the sun and when her hair is longer.

(The details of Hazel’s color was a pretty big topic around here back in the day I bet a lot of the old threads still exist about her.)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I will have to check them out. She is lovely!

No problem! I’m always willing to talk about her color. She’s very unique. There has been a lot of speculation.

For a while she almost looked like a reverse brindle. And she also had some phantom marking for a while. Those aren’t as obvious now. Her ears are black black. But her topknot is almost silver. Her body is very spotted with black and “silver” similar to a party but with no white.

Here’s a nice head shot and another side shot.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The sire of a puppy I looked at had what seems to be a similar color pattern: He was born deep chocolate, but now as an adult it's almost like he faded in patches to a lighter brown. The breeder said she had never seen anything like it. It does seem a lot more obvious than your girl though.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sire of a puppy I looked at had what seems to be a similar color pattern: He was born deep chocolate, but now as an adult it's almost like he faded in patches to a lighter brown. The breeder said she had never seen anything like it. It does seem a lot more obvious than your girl though.

That is a nice color! Hazel was brown as a pup. Let me see if I can find a puppy picture...

Here she is around 3 months old, so, not sunburned.

And also around January 2015. (She was born August 2014)

But I could show you 10 different pictures where she looked 10 different colors between birth and 3 years old. (She’s 5 now.).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts