Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy, its been months since I last posted on here, but its mainly due to me starting 6th form
(in the USA, Im not sure what you'd call it but.. its the 2 years before University)
so life is hectic!

So.. I'm 17...
I live in 2 wonderful places in the UK, most the time I'm in hertfordshire.. a mostly countryside county 40miles north o' London.
And occasionaly I'm in Worthing, near Brighton (by the seaaaaside!) 40miles south o' London.

I got my first ever dog in June, who is Harley, my apricot miniature poodle :)
He's not show-type.. just plain old pet type.. which shows in his slightly roached back, curled tail andcow-hocks. But.. looks aren't everything, eh?

I got my first set of Andis 2speed clippers today and plan on doing all sorts of thigns to my little angel ;)
He'll love it really, tho' my family won't.

Anyway, thats me!
I'd show you guys pictures of him, buuuut... I don't know how to :s

·
Registered
741 Posts
And occasionaly I'm in Worthing, near Brighton (by the seaaaaside!) 40miles south o' London.

hi there, im emily in in the uk as well i live about 20 mins from worthing and i work at a dog grooming shop in shoreham...

i have a minature parti poodle called todd..... who is nearly a year old

how olds your little one?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh :D thats awesome! I almost took Harley to a groomers in Shoreham that someone recommended me.. what is the name of the groomers that you're at?
The little fella is 9 months old, so they're similar ages :)
I adore parti poodles! They're always so interesting to look at, since each one's unique :)
he looks like hes ina gorgeous clip in your avatar pic!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do I add pictures? I've tried a number of different things, but it makes them all come up as links...? :s

·
Registered
741 Posts
i run just paws grooming.... its on shoreham beach..

what was the place called you where recomended?

i use this site to load up picturtes its really easy to work

http://www.servimg.com/

you upload the pics and then when it comes up with the image you clip on bbcode image and just copy and paste it

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that may have actually been the place! I was recommended by a 'older' couple with a white male miniature poodle.. really sweet little guy :)
and thank you! Ill upload some tomorrow

·
Registered
741 Posts
that may of been peanut...... he isnt very old about 2 years... well if you ever want to come along and get him groomed feel free to pm me and ill give you the shop number..

this is peanut and todd

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep! Looks like Peanut is the one! Exact cut and harness(I think)
Todd looks absolutely scrumptious in that shot ! He looks a bit like a panda with that band over his back!

Here are a few of Harls.. oldest to newest. Ages are a complete blur to me, but I'll give approx:

*9weeks*

*13ishweeks.. with a mummycut (as in.. I trimmed round his nose with paper scissors...!! :O *

*14-15ish weeks. nose hair grown in a bit..*

and ....loads more!.. But Ill put a few more in another post, since I read we're only allowed 4 pictures :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

*4-5 months..I think.* first professional groom!

*First home bath after first groom *

(more to come!)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*hair grows in a bit(around7months)*

*and then! the most recent ones I have are 8months on this computer!*

The last one I took for one of my doggie friends, since we're both into cars, and so I got harley into reading Top Gear Mag by putting a yogurt drop on the inside flap and telling him to "watch!" :D

P.S. Sorry I'm so obsessive.. but then again.. I'm infected by a Poodle so am subject to overobsession

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know what would be lovely? an apricot parti :) I'd like to see one of those!
and Harls is 18inches at the shoulder...so is technically speaking a standard poodle ... :s
How tall is Todd?

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
:welcome: Your boy is so handsome! I love all the pictures, my favorite one is him reading the magazine. That is adorable!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Harley is a handsome boy! Full of personality too from what I see in the photos! As far as your poodle obsession goes..........I suffer from it too! Although suffer isn't quite the right word....but you get the jest of it!
Tess

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ahhh the klein.. not common in Britain, in fact I think very few people know about it, but in the rest of Europe its as common as the other 3 sizes.
His mum was really tall and leggy (but not out of proportion) and his dad was 15inches exactly, but long bodied.. so I think he's a good mix of them.
I'm going to find some pictures of his siblings :)

That picture of the apricot parti is magnificent.. I just wish they were a 'viable' colour!
and 13.5"!! thats tiny! awww .. is he also quite light?

And thank you everyone! I need to take more pictures, as with all poodles, he like shis cameras ;)
and Tess.... In my case its a complete obsession... when I'm at school my pockets are full of poo bags, treats, leads, whistles, clickers. All my money goes on training :s
he's eating my money.. sometimes literally!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts