Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's because we were just talking about what a perfect dog Vasco is ....

Do poodles go through some sort of second adolescence?

V is 13 months old, had a normal teenage phase at about 9-10 months, got over it and went back to his normal self.

But now, after the lengthy discussions we had when he was six months old, after we had agreed that the bed was off-limits, he has now decided that it is his all-time favourite place to sleep (and bury his chewies) during the day.

WTF?!

Wouldn't be that bad, except he clearly curls up on the pillow right after the dog walker has brought him back, usually covered in mud.

I thought it was an aberration, but I got out of bed this morning, had a shower, and walked back in to find him curled up blithely in the middle of the bed, as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. "Who, me? What do you mean not allowed on the bed? What bed?"

Easily solved but shutting the bedroom door, but now I am wondering if I need to revisit some of our other previously-agreed rules ....

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
I think most rules get a bit fuzzy if they are not regularly revisited - especially ones to do with selfish humans keeping the best food, beds, toys etc for themselves! In our house the one about not teasing cats needs brushing up fairly frequently, too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts