Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spoo is registered with CKC (continental). I have been trying to find her parents but I have no idea where to look...there doesn't seem to be a database search on the website. I know this registry is somewhat bunk, and had I known that before I purchased my puppy, I probably would have raised an eyebrow and kept looking. I'm pretty sure her breeder was a BYB. Anyways, is there any way to find this info? Also, there wouldn't be a chance that I would be able to switch registries would there? lol...Just curious.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm pretty sure the only registries that would recognize a CKC pedigree are just as bad if not worse than the CKC. I know AKC won't register a dog w/ CKC and I doubt the UKC will either. However, once she is spayed you can get an ILP number w/ the AKC.

I can't add much other that check Query database

Poodle Health Registry (I really doubt you will find them there but you can try.)

You could also try contacting the breeder or the CKC for a pedigree that goes back further. If your girl was advertised as having "champion bloodlines" call and ask the breeder what that CH's name was. (For some reason puppies advertised that way only have 1 or 2 CH in their 3rd gen pedigree.) Perhaps you can find the grandparents names on a database.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I should have done my research beforehand. Ahhh well, I love my Spoo, but I know what to watch out for next time.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Chalumeau now has a PAL (Purebred Alternative Listing) with the AKC so we can compete in performance events if we choose to do so... Meau is the product of a BYB who was willing to "sell" her papers to my daughter for an additional fee (and I'm sure they were probably CKC papers, too, but we never saw them) Since Katy had no intention of doing anything with a worthless registrations, she did not pay the extra $$ to get them... which is OK, because we paid the AKC $35 to process her PAL registration and now she is an AKC "registered" standard poodle for any purpose we might have for her (except breeding because she's spayed!)

They required the completed application (can be found on their site), the application fee, and two clear color pictures of Meau (front view and side view while standing) so their "judges" could determine if they thought she was a standard poodle (or not)... It was very simple and was exactly what we needed since we'd like to compete with Meau in rally!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Did your Poodle come with a pedigree when you bought her? If not, I'd contact the breeder and ask for the CKC registered names of your girl's dam and sire.

You probably don't have to go back more than a generation to find AKC registered dogs and from there, you can start searching established databases.

Frankly, I think registries like CKC should be illegal. Those bogus registries are a way for unscrupulous breeders to circumvent AKC limited registration, breed dogs with "papers" and sell them to the unsuspecting public.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree about the CKC Cbrand. I do have her Sire and Dam's registered names and numbers for the CKC. I just don't know where to search. :p

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try contacting her breeder. If her grandparents or further back were registered AKC would that allow me to register Fly in AKC?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts