Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always gotten my dogs registered through AKC even if I wasn't going to show that dog. I have a poodle that is my service dog in training and he is registered with AKC. We are going to get a dog for my husband that we are going to train and the parents aren't both registered with AKC. One is registered with CKC. Can you get a dog registered with AKC with mixed (AKC/CKC) parents? Or would I have to get a ILP number?

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
cowpony is right about Canadian vs. Continental KC. If Canadian then I htink you are okay, but otherwise not so helpful. You can get a purebred alternative listing number for the dog though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The breeder that I was talking to about a puppy with Mixed CKC/AKC didn't say if it was Canadian or Continental. While I was waiting (holding back on a answer to did I want one from her litter) I got to looking online. I heard about all the scams that were going on. So, I talked it over with my husband and decided not to get a puppy from this breeder. A friend of mine that has a spoo told me about the breeder she got her dog from. I called her and the puppies are registered AKC. Parents have had their testing done for health. She wants to give the puppies the right start so she sends you home with the food that she has been feeding them. enough for 2 weeks. All the puppies are dewormed and had thier shots and have them micro-chipped. They are also registered (the litter is) with AKC.
I want to thank you all for answering me back. It pays to do your research now days..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always gotten my dogs registered through AKC even if I wasn't going to show that dog. I have a poodle that is my service dog in training and he is registered with AKC. We are going to get a dog for my husband that we are going to train and the parents aren't both registered with AKC. One is registered with CKC. Can you get a dog registered with AKC with mixed (AKC/CKC) parents? Or would I have to get a ILP number?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to thank everyone that commented. The puppy that we were going to get got parvo at the breeders so I did not have to worry about it. I did get another puppy from a different breeder that all the pups are registered AKC.

·
Registered
288 Posts
FYI: If a puppy is registered with CKC (Canadian, not Continental), it is very easy to also register them in the AKC. It does cost a fee but it isn't prohibitive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts