Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am struggling to come up with Darcy's registered name, so thought I'd turn to you all for creative suggestions!

His parents are:

Amarula Alula Borealis ("Loki")
Clarion CoDIAC ("Paddington Bear")

His name has to start with Amarula. Lots of dogs in his pedigree have a reference to stars, so that is one way we could go.

The only name I have come up with is "Amarula Single Man of Fortune". It comes from the first sentence of Pride and Prejudice ("It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.").

Any suggestions?!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Amarula's Mister Fitzwilliam Darcy or Amarula Fitzwilliam Darcy?
Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy is a fictional character and one of two protagonists in Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice.

I'll think of more...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Look at your dog's character, or what you think off when you see him. When looking for a registered name for my pony, I thought of him as a little b-gg-r and as this is unacceptable in register terms, I called him "Jolly Jestor". My other horse I had from a baby and I used to say "come here little boy". His father is Beaulagh Blue so I called him Westside (breeder's affix) Little Boy Blue. Bit of a laugh though as he is now 16.2. My toy poodle's father is an International Champion and also a Japanese Champion and was imported from Japan, so she is Qutee East Meets West. I hope these ideas help you to get the right name for your dog.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Does the registered name have to reflect his call name? I ask because based on his dam and sire I'd go with

Amarula Northern Lights

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, no need for the registered name to reflect the call name! There's some good suggestions here, I will run some of them past the breeer. We are co-owning so we have to both sign off on the name. :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you going to be showing him ?
Yes - or at least the breeder will be showing him (assuming he turns out nicely). He'll be competing in agility and obedience with us. We'll just go along to watch when he's in the conformation ring! We're co-owning so that she can show in the bred by class as well as regular classes.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Does the registered name have to reflect his call name? I ask because based on his dam and sire I'd go with

Amarula Northern Lights
I like this one I googled Amarula

and found its a cream liqueur brand from South Africa lol

Here are a few

Amarula cosmic star
Amarula Space oddity
Amarula Midnight Flyer
Amarula Winter lights
Amarula Space travel
Amarula Starbucks cream
Amarula Galaxy star
Amarula Black galaxy
Amarula Dark Nebula

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Amarula Supernova
Amarula Solar wind
Amarula solar Nebula
Amarula Solar eclipse
Amarula Aurora Australis ( southern Lights) ;)
Amarula cosmic dancer
Amarula Umbra

1 - 15 of 15 Posts