Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Juliana. I live in Texas and looking for a male red toy poodle on the smaller range. Hope I get some good leads here ?

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Hi and welcome. Can't offer leads on tpoos - but I do recommend you check out the sticky on how to safely buy a puppy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much! I did contact her as I got a little guy from her a while back..She's great! I haven't heard back yet so I'm looking into other options.
Have you heard of Nita (Tina?) Koehn with poodles and poo mixes?
Thanks again . :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Thank you so much! I did contact her as I got a little guy from her a while back..She's great! I haven't heard back yet so I'm looking into other options.
Have you heard of Nita (Tina?) Koehn with poodles and poo mixes?
Thanks again . :)
Hello Juliana! Hopefully you can find a pup that is a good match. I don't know of tpoo breeders, but I can tell you that Nita Koehn will never be recommended on this site. The most obvious reason is that she breeds poodle mixes, which is a hallmark of a backyard breeder. A second obvious red flag for me is that she fully admits that she does not health test the parent dogs. Another flag would be that she prices differently based on color and gender, and charges extremely high prices for her puppies that seem out of the normal range for a good quality breeder, though I'm not an expert with tpoos.

·
Premium Member
23,149 Posts
I agree with everything that Raindrops pointed out. Don't promote a breeder who breeds mixes please.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Just wanted to say hello and welcome. Hope you find an ethical breeder as you search for your perfect pup.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search. Always remember personality is more important than color- I say this as someone who would love to have a red mini or standard at some point in the future :)

·
Premium Member
9,687 Posts
Sorry for the double post, but you should also see if Tabitha Waters can give you a recommendation for red toys. She’s in New Orleans and a breeder of red and apricot standards, [email protected] She probably knows all the breeders in TX and LA in every size. A well-respected breeder and member here:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts