Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you may know, we have a Red SPOO puppy that will be ready to come home exactly 3 weeks... he's a boy and I'm in love with him already!
We have a name that we really like but I'm not 100% sold on it yet, it's such a big decision! So anyway, I'm keeping our name a secret for now... in the meantime I just thought I would throw this out to you all... Inspire me, I would love to hear your name ideas! The more unique the better! :idea:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Entire name :) no theme really, I wanted something with Red in it or something to do with the color Red since it's his color, but, no Clifford or Ginger or Big Red! lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
For Starters - boy's names;
Leroux \l(e)-roux\ is pronounced la-ROO. It is of French origin, and its meaning is "the red-haired one".
Phoenix \pho(e)-nix\, also used as girl's name Phoenix, is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "dark red". The mythical Arabian bird known as the phoenix is a symbol of immortality.
Radley \r(a)-dley, rad-ley\ is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "meadow of reeds; red meadow".
Redley \r(e)-dley, red-ley\ is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "red meadow".
Rogan \r(o)-gan\ is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "red-headed".
Rohan \ro-han\ is pronounced ro-HAHN. It is of Irish and Sanskrit origin, and its meaning is "red-haired, red; ascending".
Rooney \ro(o)-ney\ is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "red-haired".
Rousseau \ro(us)-seau\ is of Old French origin, and its meaning is "little red-haired one".
Rowan \ro-wan\, also used as girl's name Rowan, is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "little red-head".
Shani \sh(a)-ni\, also used as girl's name Shani, is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "crimson, red".

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, you're GOOD! :cheer2:
Rogan, Rowan and Rohan are all names we've considered! The irish thing is huge, my hubby was born in Belfast, (we named our daughter Clover)!
I like Rogan a lot, I just worry it sounds a bit like a cream used to treat men's hair loss!?! :curl-lip:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Crayola Copper
Red Hot Chili
Blaze

Change Rogan to Rogin

Aedan, Aidan - A diminutive form of the name Aed meaning "fire" and would imply "born of fire."
Cormac Mac Airt was probably the most famous of the ancient kings of Ireland.
Faolan, Phelan - Comes from the word faol "wolf."
Hugh - translation of an ancient name Aodh meaning "fire."
[Red Hugh O'Donnell]
Lorcan - Means "silent" or "fierce" and was probably used as a nickname for a "brave warrior."
Padraic "paw + drig" - From the Latin patricius "nobly born."
Quinlan - meaning "gently-shaped, athletic."
Tierney "teer + nee" - Meaning "lord, chief" and implies "lord of the household."

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kinda figured you might...
we're not planning to show this little guy, he'll just be a pet, possibly get into agility or therapy, not sure, depends on his personality... Dugan's personality is really what I fell in love with, he's a sweetheart!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rory's really cute and I like Rooster too! I hadn't thought of that one! Only thing is it reminds of me of the Musical, "Annie" and the nasty brother of Ms Flanigan! haha

I think we've actually decided on ... ROGAN
Rogan \r(o)-gan\ is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "red-headed".
it's strong sounding, seems to suit him and I love it's Irish/Gaelic meaning!! :)
now, I just need to come up with something clever for his long name!! I thought we could even use the word Rogue in the long name possibly...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I love Rogan as well, however don't be surprised if people think you've named him after the comedic celebrity Seth Rogan.

As for a registered name, how about:
- Arreau's Luck of the Irish
- Arreau's Mummer's Dance
- Arreau's Red Rogue

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I love mummer's dance, love that song though the CD is mysteriously missing at the moment.

On registered names what about doing something that plays off the word red.
We imported a red dog from england two years ago and his name was resgisted as Red Butler, they called him Gable after clark gable who played Rhett in gone with the wind.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that's a really neat idea! Gable is cool too isn't it?! wow... there's so many great ideas!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts