Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi poodle lovers! I've finally decided to get my 5 pound, 22 month old, toy poodle neutered. (I'm going to need a glass of wine after I drop him off to calm my nerves, haha!) I've seen that folks on here have gotten some very cute and comfortable cones/collars for small dogs for post surgery. Does anyone have
recommendations for my small toy poodle for a comfortable and effective cone/collar that I can purchase for after his neuter surgery?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
I've never used a cone. I tied an old T-shirt on Tonka when he came back from bloat surgery.
I like the look of the donuts to limit neck movement. Probably available at any pet store.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never used a cone. I tied an old T-shirt on Tonka when he came back from bloat surgery.
I like the look of the donuts to limit neck movement. Probably available at any pet store.
Thank you, Countryboy. How did you tie the t-shirt? I can't picture it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the suggestion Twyla, I will look it up! Countryboy, he looks pretty comfy in that t-shirt. So the t-shirt stopped him from getting to the incision? My little guy would still be pawing at it through the shirt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We used old t-shirts & that was all we needed. We tried all sorts of the cones & Dancer hated them all. She would not move or do her business in them.
You can also get surgery suits of various types on either Amazon or Chewy that will cover more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts