Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave-in seems to be the way to go right now - but they all smell! Not a bad smell but I always worry what it does to dogs with they super sensitive noses. Somebody suggested I could use coconut oil?

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Leave-in seems to be the way to go right now - but they all smell! Not a bad smell but I always worry what it does to dogs with they super sensitive noses. Somebody suggested I could use coconut oil?
What’s the point of a leave-in conditioner ? I’ve never used them.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Louie is going through coat change and it was recommended to me to prevent matting. The products I have tried so far are quite scented - I don't like my poodle to smell perfumed...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mystic! Would you recommend the the K9 competition Aloe vera nano mist or Dematter Instant conditioner or Keratin and coat Repair? He is now quite short on his body with just a puff on head, feet and tail - that is now also matting...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I am also looking for the same thing. Coat change is done for milo but we live in a dry climate and brushing dry hair creates a lot of static. K9 stuff is very hard to get for me. Pet head leave in conditioner any good?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I use BioGroom conditioner which can be left in or rinsed out. It has very little odor - sort of a "clean" smell.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I love highly diluted Coat Handler in a spray bottle for this, and use it on both of us :). It's great during the bath and mostly rinsed out, but also wonderful to spritz when brushing :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts