Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like Jaanu forgot his recall out of the blue. He also went ballistic chewing his play tunnel instead of running through it like he usually does on command or just for fun by himself. Is this teenage behavior? (He is a 5 months 1 week old mpoo). Should I start training the basics again? I don't know where to begin.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Oh yes, those crazy teenagers. They forget all their manners and act like they have forgotten commands. Normal for a teenager I think. I would start over with the basics and know there is another side to this, when everything comes together and you love your pup even more for all the silliness.

·
Premium Member
23,386 Posts
Yes revisit your basics, especially recall. Recall is something worth practicing all throughout the life of the dog and always should be well rewarded.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
He’s a little young to be a teenager, but puppies will be puppies ! Just like children, you need to repeat. And repeat. And repeat. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much folks. Yeah, it seems like just when he was becoming such a well-behaved little guy, the teenage rebellion hit haha. He still is a good boy, but it seems like it is on his terms sometimes haha. Continuing to work on bonding and training and seeing good results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts