Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member to this wonderful forum but have been looking at pics and reading posts for a couple of weeks. Rebel is my beautiful red 2-year-old mixed breed. I grew up with a miniature poodle, and I'm about to take the plunge and get a standard poodle. Went to visit the breeder and puppy the other day, and I fell in love. But I made myself go home to really think about what I was about to do. Here are some photos of the sweetheart. (Last 2 look a little washed out, but you get the picture!)

Glenn (don't let my name fool you, I'm a lady!)

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
So cute - did you get her from a breeder in Alabama? I ask because I was talking with someone from there who said they had a female and someone from Mephis was interested. What a small world if that turned out to be you! :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, passion4poodles. Glad to be here. Tried to post Rebels picture under my name, but haven't quite figured that out.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, gwtwmum2, but wouldn't that have been something. I've been going to shows for the past 2 years and want to learn how to show and groom her myself. Have quite a bit of learning ahead of me! But I'm game.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can I ask who the breeder is? I always love to find new good poodle breeders to file away for the future! :)
Good luck with the grooming. I hope to get there with mine but I have to admit that I'm not doing as well as I hoped. Wrigley and Sophie get groomed this week by a professional. When I try - it looks like a grade school kid did it! :p

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be glad to send you the breeder's name. I haven't actually bought the puppy yet and am still making my decision. I sure don't want her to be sold before I do. Do I sound paranoid??? :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
LoL, I was the same way when hubby was thinking about Saleen. Once I realized he was going to get her I was alll excited and a little scared she would be sold before we sent our deposite since supposedly there was somebody else interested in her lol.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum! She is beautiful and even looks like she has a smile on her face. It sounds like you are going to have tons of fun getting her in the show ring.

I'm going to think positive and figure Rebel already has a sister. Have you picked a name for her?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Rebel is so cute. I love the look on his face. We just got a new puppy and Murphy is thrilled to have a playmate. Maybe Rebel wants one, too :wink:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Rebel is sure a cute dog! I am SURE he would love a friend... and you can't get a better friend for him than a standard poodle (not biased, am I?? lol)

I think that white girl is beautiful and I hope you don't miss out on her if you decide to go for it, but I think you are doing the right thing to think it over and make sure it is the commitment you want to do. Look forward to seeing pics of her if you decide to go for the plunge. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
She is very pretty. That is my next one all white. I will have three then. I have Raven the black one just brought home Bo today he is a blk/wht Parti Tuxedo. He is going to the groomer tomorrow and will be posting pictures. Raven has grown so much. Bo is a moose he is almost 30 lbs.and is 15 weeks old.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Rebel would love a playmate. He's only 2 1/2 and cries whenever we walk and see other dogs. Going to the beach tomorrow for a few days and will have time to think--I hope!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
She is very pretty. That is my next one all white. I will have three then. I have Raven the black one just brought home Bo today he is a blk/wht Parti Tuxedo. He is going to the groomer tomorrow and will be posting pictures. Raven has grown so much. Bo is a moose he is almost 30 lbs.and is 15 weeks old.
Congrats! 30 lbs and only 15 weeks! WOW, he is huge! Ki-ki is 39 lbs and 10 months! Can not wait to see pics!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts