Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching Kijiji today, looking for any dogs that are being rehomed, and came across this ad:

"If you see the ad with Pocket-Sized Morkies as the title. Be careful! These are Puppy mill puppies. Our little one is now in emergency and may not make the night. If you wish to contact us because you picked up one of the Princesses please feel free to do so (the Prince is still available as of this posting). We are now at almost $2000 in vet bills and there will be more if she makes it. The vet that signed the paperwork is one that has received disiplinary action and he has been tied to other people who have purchased puppies that have died. Please search his name online
Our morkie puppy has a very contagious virus which means yours probably does too and it is life threatening. We took her in and were told she had only one hour left to live if not treated. Be so very careful, we trusted a couple who seemed so nice and gave us the story of people not wanting to travel to the "breeder" in St. Jacobs which is why they were selling them out of their home in Oakville. Wow did they pull one over on us. Hopefully our baby will be ok and hopefully yours will too."

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-Pocket-sized-Morkies-BEWARE-W0QQAdIdZ158045001

These people obviously bought their pup from some sort of broker and are now facing the possible loss of the pup. It's a real shame! This is why you need to be suspicious of online ads selling young pups without access to the parents as you never know where they came from.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Wow, that's so sad. I don't trust any online classifieds completely, it's really unfortunate that good people are supporting puppy mills without even knowing it and suffering the consequences.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's so sad. I don't trust any online classifieds completely, it's really unfortunate that good people are supporting puppy mills without even knowing it and suffering the consequences.
I know, it's really a shame. :( Those puppy millers are too good at being tricky!

Here's a really bad one. This person's claiming she needs to rehome a 7 week old Standard Poodle puppy because she can't take care of it for medical reasons. So what, she got the pup yesterday, developed medical issues and now needs to rehome it? I guess it's MAYBE possible but it sounds fishy to me... :fish:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-Need-to-Rehome-ASAP-W0QQAdIdZ157996533

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Hm =/ yeah that's very fishy. Seven weeks is really young too.. kinda makes you wonder what happened if it's real (which I doubt)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:(
The virus they're talking about sounds like Parvo to me.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Hmmmm...I do not know about standard pup :rolffleyes:. Maybe lady got her at 6 weeks from BYB (they often sell pups that old) and after a week of hard work involving such a young pup just realized that she can not keep up with all the work : (. She maybe put health issue to cover her inability to cope , but since she has all puppy paraphernalia (including pee-pads) , it looks legit to me. She is just overwhelmed, I think, and is trying to find a new home for a baby since BYB will not EVER take a puppy back or help with anything. One more reason to go with a good breeder who will take puppy back after a week for any reason !

The first story is just horrifying : (((.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts