Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Snoop is starting to do this as well. I think it’s the cutest thing ever! Does Peggy like baths?
Loves them. In fact, it was extremely hard to keep her out at first. She'd hop in while I was showering, or even join me in the bath if I leaned forward for a second and she spotted some free space. Then she'd throw a tantrum when I said "NO."

Cute at first, but less fun as she got bigger. ?

So...I learned not to say no and to just avoid eye contact, praising softly for any signs of relaxation. I also learned to keep toys out of the bathroom, otherwise she'd dunk them like cookies in milk.

Now she'll mostly sleep next to the tub, but every once in a while a hopeful nose will poke in. Sometimes she'll rest her head on my shoulder for a while.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Haha, not only is Peggy gorgeous, but she’s such a fun character.

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
I'm glad I don't have this problem. Pogo doesn't enjoy baths. All it took was a few washes to ensure he comes nowhere near the bathroom while I am in it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Speaking of baths, my wife and I gave Willard a quick bath on Sunday. He thought it was a good idea to jump into a pond in the middle of March. I can see why. There were geese in it after all. It left him smelling like a swamp though. He was so happy with his choice. He was running around like crazy for a little while after his dunk. Haha.

The good news is, he does not mind baths, so it was really no big deal. My wife and I pretty much just laughed it off.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
That's too cute!!!

My dogs hate baths and will run and hide when they know it's time for one. What's funny is one will get jealous of the other and whine when the other is getting a bath....makes no sense!

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peggy has her weekly play date tomorrow (with some new social distancing rules added for the humans) and it's on a property with a massive swampy mini pond/mud puddle. I think Peggy must dream of that thing. It is so stinky and so messy (aka dog heaven).

Might be her turn for a bath after that!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts