Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, three years ago we lost our beloved mini poodle at the age of thirteen years. A much-loved member of our family, he succumbed to cancer. He was the best companion one could wish for. Watching a once-lively and energetic dog decline was heartbreaking and his passing, while expected, was so emotionally devastating that we never thought we'd have another dog. However, over the past year, we find ourselves gravitating to and speaking to poodles we encounter on our walks - and wishing we could bring one home with us. We are ready to welcome a new poodle into our family. This time, because of size considerations (we live in an apartment, and find lifting and carrying more difficult as the years progress) we would like to adopt a toy poodle. Our initial idea was to adopt two male toy poodles from the same litter and raise them as brothers. After reading about littermate syndrome, our plan now is to adopt one male toy puppy this spring and when he is trained and socialized, introduce a brother pup early next year. We don't plan to have the pups compete in any way. Instead, we are looking for a healthy, bright, personable pup to join our family. We live in the New York metro area and are willing to travel to meet the pup and breeder. Any suggestions as to reputable toy poodle breeders in the New York metro area, Northeast/Mid-Atlantic area, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Welcome, I would recommend Rodell's Toy poodles in Connecticut. I got my boy Leonard from them.
20200105_072713.jpg

Len is the little white guy on the left with his sissy Pia

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, how cute! Thanks for the recommendation!

Welcome, I would recommend Rodell's Toy poodles in Connecticut. I got my boy Leonard from them.
Len is the little white guy on the left his sissy Pia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts