Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up Levi on February 2. He is two years, and is a return. His reactivity was too much for his people, so I took him on. He's a beautiful boy, sits, downs, shakes a paw, doesn't heel too well yet, but we're working on it. I live in the country, and there aren't too many people around. It takes a few minutes and a treat for him to make friends. I worry a lot about him, and had a beautiful dream where he was kissing the face of a small child.
Today, George, the plumber, arrived. I locked Levi in the bedroom, and warned George. I took Levi downstairs to meet George, who 26864065-D02F-4CB5-817A-2EEE3393BFA0.jpeg gave him a cookie, and he was fine. Tuesday Feb. 23 he'll go for a training session with a professional. We're going to beat this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thank you for taking such good care of him! I'd love to keep hearing updates. I know the process will take time and there will be good days and bad. If you are willing to keep us updated, I'm sure there are plenty of others who will benefit from hearing about George's journey.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Good on you for taking home this gorgeous boy and working on his problem.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'd probably learn to like people too if somebody gave me a cookie every time I had to be around a person...

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
Good boy, Levi! With your new human’s help, you’re going to learn the world is a safe place. And even when things get a little scary, he’s going to have your back. :)

In case covid shuts down in-person training again, this is a great resource:

There is also lots of free content available on that site.

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
115 Posts
Levi is such a handsome boy and I'm so happy you found each other! Keep us updated with his progress. 🐾💙

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Thank you for taking on Levi -I am sure that soon he will know that you are a loving person. And do let us know about your ups and downs. Always here to help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats!!! We adopted a female standard at the age of two who had a lot of issues but three years later she has turned into a wonderful family pet. We wish you the best!! Levi is such a cutie!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the granddog of the guy that suggested I get a rescue dog. This was a rescue dog, and his other son is arriving today, with another rescue dog. Guess I'll stay away.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You mean the neighbour and their dog, I hope.
Yep, that's why I said 'he.' You have work ahead too, but we all know that you knew that when you took in your dog. And it sounds like what you've done so far is paying off. All new dogs are a challenge.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts