Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We usually use Vectra 3D on our other dog, but the vet we are currently using doesn't have Vectra. However, Midge has never had a reaction to any flea product. We put the Frontline on Captain yesterday evening, and this morning he has diarrhea. I can't find any side effects listed besides irritation at application point. He is eating, and I gave him half a cup of pumpkin with his kibble. I feel bad, because I have him in the playpen in the kitchen, instead of out in the rest of the house (cream colored carpet!).

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also want to add, he had his first rabies vaccine on Monday, but I would figure if it had been that, it wouldn't have taken 48 hours to be a reaction?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I guess could be the rabies. How old is he? I've noticed that they can get diarrhea when teething just like human babies.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind! My other dog has diarrhea too :( I guess they are both not chicken eaters, as that's what they had for dinner, Wellness Chicken and Sweet Potato.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, they've had it before, so I don't know what's going on. They both are acting normal besides the diarrhea.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
They might not be used to the high protein in that food. The content is higher than some other foods. Can you give bulking foods to bulk up the stool? You could give the pumpkin. Everyone here swears by it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gave the poodle the pumpkin, he is now passing more solid stools again. Our sharpei mix girl hasn't had an incident since earlier this afternoon. I don't know why they had an issue with the chicken and sweet potato, they eat the 95% Wellness all the time, and have no issues. Weirdos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts