Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures from the beginning of the month. I messed with the lighting in them because he's mostly black with some grey/silver, so his face especially is hard to see in photos. I also just like how his curls are highlighted. :)

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Cute pics, but I am going to "yell" at you for letting him ride loose in the front seat of your vehicle. My dogs are always in the back seat and safely harnessed there.

Reactions: anabelneri

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Raxy has such a sweet look on his face. I'm also impressed how you were able to photograph him because I know it's hard with a black poodle.

I echo what lily cd re posted - Raxy needs to be tethered for safety. Being loose in the car is a recipe for an accident. If you have to stop suddenly or get hit by another vehicle, Raxy will be tossed around the car and injured.

I posted to you on another post about the harness that I use - Sleepypod. If not this brand, look for another one that tethers Raxy so he rides safely in the car.

https://www.poodleforum.com/5-poodle-talk/264623-rescued-minipoo-car-rides.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:embarrassed: He's usually buckled in somehow... this was taken at the end of a long day on the road and had just moved from a restrained position up to the front. In the back seat we have a tether that clips into a seat belt female buckle, and in the front seat he uses one that attaches to the belt part of a seat belt. Someone was taking pictures at the same time as someone else was looking for the right buckle.

But he loves loves loves being up in the front window that way. I think his former owner must have let him ride up in the front that way. We're still working on helping him be comfortable in the car, otherwise. The roadtrip helped (18 days & 6000 miles) but he's still not terribly content in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts