Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a box of Urban Carnivore from my usual pet food store. I discussed switching with him. He breeds Whippets and has an organic farm. He said why didn't I just try it on weekends to start. So that is what I did. I fed them only raw yesterday. For a start they really loved it.

I broke it up the first time, and then I thought that I would give them the chunk so they had to work at it. Big mistake with Tyson. I might have guessed - he swallowed the whole thing in two seconds flat.

Lucy normally poops a couple of times right away first thing in the morning. Today she pooped once and it was tiny.

On the Urban Carnivore box it says something about "additional plant matter" or something. What do others give for the plant part. I am feeding the Beef.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Rayah and Bethany get raw in the morning and home cooked at night, were officially off the kibble hallelujah! :)
Yes we break it up too the patties also because they tend to drag it around out of their bowl.
We feed horse meat with no grains, as for plant matter it doesn't mention any of that on our box but we feed Karnivor and it's made here in Quebec
Some people that feed raw believe in giving veggies too, some don't and believe dogs are strickly carnivores and should only eat meat. It is your choice, we don't give veggies with their raw.

AND yes! They do have much smaller poop and much less! As well as they cut down the intake in water alot because of all the moisture they are getting from their food.

Hope this helps! Welcome to the world of raw! :)

·
Registered
11,596 Posts
I feed some veg sometimes, depending on what I have available. I steam it lightly and puree it - it does them no harm, and may do them some good. Poppy quite likes it, Sophy prefers meat without veg, so I don't overdo it. They get raw tripe regularly, and I reckon that more or less covers their greens. I have noticed that they are far less intensive about grabbing every bit of sheep and rabbit poo (natural digestible veg) they can find since I shifted them to raw and home cooked!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts