Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe Raven turns 6 years old today! It seems like only yesterday I was dealing with an extremely challenging puppy. Now she is the perfect pet.

Yesterday she finished her Rally Excellent title. In her typical Raven style she didn’t place because although she did all of the signs correctly and with flair, she wandered off in between them too much. I heard several people say in the audience “oh that poodle has personality” and “that poodle is a character”.... yes, she has, however her clowning around would be more appreciated outside the ring. We also almost got a second Novice leg. She did great all through and then refused to go down for the down stay on the final exercise. It was very disappointing because we had been there all day since Rally was in the morning and Novice didn’t start until 3. I was pleased she did not get stressed during that obnoxiously long day and I will not show her again with a gap that long in between classes.

Wren started his beginner classes last week. He is actually ahead of the others because we have been training at home, but he needs the dog socialization and everything that comes with a formal class. Raven has certainly taught me a lot and mostly that there is so very much I do not know!! I am certainly not a natural at this but we plug away.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: To a most wonderful Raven.

Congratulations on the Rally Excellent title. I hope Raven is getting plenty of treats. She’ll get that Novice Obedience title soon then we can celebrate again.

Reactions: Raven's Mom

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Happy Belated Birthday Raven!! Hope it was another splendid day for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts