Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had googled "brown standard poodles" and found this guy

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://tinkerdoodle.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/86chipperside.jpg&imgrefurl=http://tinkerdoodle.net/dams-stud/&usg=__PV1bALedW4xKsbKDYr4WxwdbzUQ=&h=361&w=400&sz=74&hl=en&start=51&um=1&tbnid=1LiVi93q_hBjyM:&tbnh=112&tbnw=124&prev=/images?q=brown+standard+poodle+adult&ndsp=18&hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=36&um=1

I thought it was funny how this doodle breeder was promoting how rare this dilute gene was and how this poodle passes in on to his doodle pups... am I wrong, I thought this dilute gene was not one to be excited about it and more common than not having it.

He's a cute little guy though... to bad he's being bred to labs...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
How do you tell a "doodle" breeder is lying?

Their lips are moving! Those people are so full of crap, it's amazing! The only thing more shocking is the number of people willing to believe them and pay thousands for a mutt.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The thing that I find interesting is the poodle breeders who maintain more than one website for the dogs they breed. So they'll have one all poodle website, with no mention of doodles, then if you search for more info suddenly you'll find they're dealing in cross breeds as well.

Here's an example of one breeder who I found recently who does that.

Cournoyeas poodles - no mention of cross breeds that I can see http://www.cournoyeaspoodles.com/

But then search the names, and suddenly there's some Miniature Goldendoodles under the name Dreamdoodles. Same people, different website
http://www.dreamdoodles.net/

They have both goldendoodles and cock a poos.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Out of curiosity, how did you find the other site? Did you just search the breeder's name?
Yep... I was looking at breeders in Ontario and looked up the words "Cournoyeas poodles". I guess their last name is Cournoyea, and that was listed on the doodle site, so that's how it came up. I first came upon the contract page, which was identical to the contract page on their other website. And then I realized the contact info was identical.

So I wasn't actually suspecting them of dealing in doodles - I just stumbled across it!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Ah, it's always a good idea to search the breeder's name. You'd be surprised what you can find, especially if a lot of people have had bad experiences.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, it's always a good idea to search the breeder's name. You'd be surprised what you can find, especially if a lot of people have had bad experiences.
That's a good tidbit to know!

I'm really surprised when I'm looking for standard poodles how many sites I see that try to sell BOTH poodle's and doodle's on the same site! To me that's just a big reason not to buy from them. I want my breeder to LOVE their breed, not try to change it. (or just be in it for the $$$)

·
Registered
646 Posts
There is another breeder in Ontario that does that breeds both and now is even breeding poodle with irish setters to get red mutts.
I like mutts They are unique and interesting and usually so different from the rest BUT not 12-1500 bucks that is just nuts.
She has 2different websites so you wouldn't realize what she does unless really looking

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I have followed this Doodle breeder for a couple of years. She is an excellent example of the type of person who breed Doodles.

She has no background in poodles and doesn't really know anything about the breed. She has picked up low quality breeding stock from BYBs, high volume breeders and even rescue I think (one reason rescue should always spay before they release!).

She has one Lab bitch who she has said that she can not hip certify because she was previously hit by a car and that will skew her hip results. :wacko: Well if the bitch was hit by a car why breed the poor girl?

My favorite though is that she picked up an Apricot poodle stud from a BYB. She bred this boy 4 times before he died of JRD at age 20 months. She had never heard of JRD nor had the BYB she bought from. :eek:hwell:

The whole thing about the "rare" dilute brown gene is just hilarious! Frankly, though I think anyone who buys from her gets what they deserve.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
She has 2different websites so you wouldn't realize what she does unless really looking
That's just so misleading IMO. I have to say though, most of the breeders that I have found the deal in poodles and cross breeds have so many red flags on their poodle websites alone that I personally would never get a pup from them. Usually I only search further to confirm my suspicion that they are not a breeder I would want to deal with (or because I'm nosey. :))

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
My favorite though is that she picked up an Apricot poodle stud from a BYB. She bred this boy 4 times before he died of JRD at age 20 months. She had never heard of JRD nor had the BYB she bought from. :eek:hwell:
Yet another reason not to breed young dogs... Even without health testing, if she had just held off on breeding, she wouldn't have had 4 litters on the ground before realizing he had a serious medical issue. Apparently JRD usually shows up and kills dogs before the age of 2, so there's no reason to be breeding dogs affected with it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It all would be funny if it was not so sad : (((( ! Unbelievable what people do ... How is that not "animal cruelty" under the law is beyond me :wacko:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you have the time, read the text on that site. It's so ridiculous, it's just unbelievable how they manage to dupe people.

It is terribly funny, but terribly sad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts