Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG really, they didn't ask...mind you the poodles did properly say hey earlier to these children but really????? Where are your parents?

I was in check out buying treats my attention lapsed from my dogs for only a moment because I was paying the clerk . I usually try to bring the dogs into the pet store either really early or late, my mistake was going mid after noon.

Dear lord please ask before you give my dogs anything, actually any dog holy moly now I have to deal with the after effects for Pia who has severe food intolerances that cause GI upset from upset belly, diarrhea, vomiting and bad gas.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
My previous dog cannot eat chicken. People would give her cookies without my permission. Most dog treats has chicken of some kind. I would have to deal with the diarrhea for days after. It is usually not dog people who gives it to her. This happened once at the drive thru at the bank and a few times at the dog park. I can see it happening when you check out at petsmart or petco. I’m sorry this happened to you. I found sweet potatoes very helpful in soothing the tummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
22,958 Posts
I am half way lucky. Lily would take any treat anyone offered her (not that I encourage that) but thankfully also has a pretty cast iron gut. Javelin doesn't take treats from strangers and is pretty picky about what treats he eats even from me.

I hope Pia is okay.

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So sorry this happened to you Twyla. People do not think.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was in a puppy class where the instructor at one point told us all to give our treats to each other’s dogs.
Good grief. I never took my puppy back to that class again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Kids don’t necessarily think of food allergies, when they are being (inappropriately) generous with an unfamiliar dog. How did they even have treats? Where were the parents is a very reasonable question to ask, I had a helicopter license back in the day, lol. Hope none of the poodles got sick.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Oh no, I hope she's okay.

Babykins can get quite ill too - I have to watch like a hawk even in training facilities if someone left treats behind in training class.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That sounds super frustrating. Hope Pia is okay.

I am concerned that those parents were not watching their children given the fact that not all dogs are friendly to children.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
So sorry, I hope she doesn't get a tummy upset from it. I haven't had the problem thankfully. Sometimes the bank or even the petsmart people will offer Renn a treat usually he will sniff and not take it or take it then drop it. I just leaned out my car the bank gives out little milk bones, Renn won't eat them so they lie on the seat with him till I do a clean. LOL My cairn would take anything but the boxer is also particular, though lately he seems to want everything.

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone I did call to find out what was in those dog cookies, they are basically a kin to Milkbones, which only causes tear staining in Pia. So phew, oi those kids are lucky my girls are even tempered over food.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts