Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture quality isn't great, but here are a few shots of the Plum pack at beginners rally O class last Thursday night. We're just 4 classes into the session and we're going through the signs one by one until each participant understands what we're supposed to be doing. Last week we were asked to bring Meau along with Lucy because some of the 4-H kids didn't have dogs of their own (or their dogs were unable to come for some reason). Meau is doing great, too! We're the only poodles there, the other breeds represented are beagle, heeler, sheltie, dachshund, yorkie, kelpie, border collie (the weimeraner didn't come this week, but was there the last couple).

This class is lots of fun and what makes it more special is that my husband has been coming along every week!! He's enjoying it as much as I am (he loves his girlies!!!)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here's just one of my Lucybug chillin' out between her "turns" :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That looks like soooo much fun. I'll bet the girls love it too. Your husband is so funny because he doesn't smile for pics!! LOL You're lucky to have him involved!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Your husband is so funny because he doesn't smile for pics!!
What are you talking about??? He *IS* smiling! :lol: :pound:

Actually, David (we call him Vid) is really enjoying coming to class with us - as you can see in the pictures, he's learning right alongside us! We take turns with both poodles, so sometimes I have Meau and he has Lucy and vice versa - also there is a 4-H girl who LOVES to use Meau, too (I have some pictures of that as well - but photobucket is being naughty and trying to put malware on my computer, so I go there sparingly. It actually infected my office computer!!) OOOOPS! :fish:

We are having lots of fun and it's a great socialization activity for the girls (and for US, too!) There's a rally trial in Fargo (about 200 miles away) in April, but we won't be signing up to compete yet (Lucy won't be spayed yet so can't get her AKC PAL registration until that happens) but we are hoping to get there to at least observe and learn!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Wonderful photos!!! It is great to see you guys enjoying this so much, ALL of you!! Lucy is such a great puppy. I think you are going to go places with your Princess!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Looks like fun for everyone involved! Nice that you have a good place to train. Keep on letting us see pics of the rally training.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I can not wait to get Kiara back in training...have a cast on my leg right now, so no practice for us for awhile :rolffleyes: They look like they are having a blast though!

·
Registered
875 Posts
What are you talking about??? He *IS* smiling! :lol: :pound:

Actually, David (we call him Vid) is really enjoying coming to class with us - as you can see in the pictures, he's learning right alongside us! We take turns with both poodles, so sometimes I have Meau and he has Lucy and vice versa - also there is a 4-H girl who LOVES to use Meau, too (I have some pictures of that as well - but photobucket is being naughty and trying to put malware on my computer, so I go there sparingly. It actually infected my office computer!!) OOOOPS! :fish:

We are having lots of fun and it's a great socialization activity for the girls (and for US, too!) There's a rally trial in Fargo (about 200 miles away) in April, but we won't be signing up to compete yet (Lucy won't be spayed yet so can't get her AKC PAL registration until that happens) but we are hoping to get there to at least observe and learn!
Isnt Lucy registered already? you can do rally with a dog that is registered.

·
Registered
263 Posts
GREAT photos plumcrazy!! Miss Lucybug sure is growing up fast. She is so beautiful. Looks like all of you are really enjoying rally. Keep the photos coming and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I am sure PC will be on later to explain it, but because she is CKC registered with non breeding papers and will be spayed, they have to apply now through AKC for a different kind of registration.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isnt Lucy registered already? you can do rally with a dog that is registered.
Lucy is registered with the Canadian Kennel club... I thought she needed to be registered with the American Kennel club for me to do performance events through AKC, but maybe I'm wrong?? Does anyone have the real scoop??

If, in fact, she needs to be registered with AKC - it seems there are a fair number of hoops we'll need to jump through (and I didn't sign up for agility!!) :) According to the AKC website, in order to get regular AKC registration on a foreign registered dog, the foreign registration needs to be unlimited (Lucy's is limited and I have a spay/neuter agreement signed with Arreau) I can get a PAL (purebred alternative listing) registration number, but she needs to be spayed before the AKC will assign one.

Maybe someone on here has gone through this already and can offer suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts