Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a prototype raised dog feeder. Wanted to test the size and figure out how to cut the holes for the bowls. I plan to get a better piece of wood once I am sure I like the size. So far so good.

The water bowl is sitting in a planter from Home Depot. Yes, I brought the bowl to the store and tested it.

Anyone have cool dog stuff they made?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,896 Posts
That looks like the final product will be very nice!

I have made metal and wood utility articles for the poodles. I am also currently working on an article bag for Javelin's new set. the other stuff I make is pretty odd stuff like PVC boxes for fronts and finishes. Platforms for sit stays.

When I finish the article bag I will add a picture or two.

Reactions: Skylar and Suzysue

·
Premium Member
22,896 Posts
The challenge to talk about dog things we've made and the talents shown by various posters of their creations inspired me to finish Javelin's article bag this afternoon.

Here are a couple of pictures (but there will be a fuller set of them in Javelin's training thread).

outside with straps.jpg

oen empty.jpg

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I haven't made anything as nice as your raised dog bowl feeder - yours looks professional and polished. In fact I was thinking I hadn't made anything until put on my thinking cap and realized I've made all kinds of crazy stuff for dog training.

I made a PVC U-frame for training sits and downs from a distance. Two leashes when I needed very light weight ones using cord from Joanne Fabrics. I'm also fond of covering things with shelf liner.... haha. I covered a pyrex bowl with shelf liner to make a wonderful pivot bowl, and a plank with liner to make a board to use for training agility two feet on, two feet off and a large board to make a wobble board. I sewed elastic onto the end of a heavy beach towel so I can put the towel over the car seat for Babykins to lie on when traveling.

Catherine, I'm impressed that you made metal and wood utility articles. Did you use a lathe for the wood ones? How did you make metal ones?

I love the bag - where did you find that black poodle fabric? I can't imagine anything more perfect for Javelin's articles.

Reactions: Suzysue

·
Premium Member
22,896 Posts
I made the metals using large size mason jar rings. I did them before AKC allowed wood articles. Lily hated the aluminum articles I had bought so much that she had never picked one up on her own. A week after I started her with the metals she was working them reliably. My wood articles were pretty basic in design. I used dowels of the correct diameter for my dogs and cut the ends from 1/4" beech boards from Lowes. I sanded to edges and corners to round them off. To put them together I used brass wood screws. The numbers are sticky number from a craft store and I had spray painted black poodle wood cuts and for Lily gold stars and silver stars for Javelin. I also have a set of leather articles to go with the wood I made for Javelin. They will be a practice set.

Reactions: Suzysue and Skylar

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Catherine, that was very clever to make your own.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Very nice. I love the water bowl sitting in a planter idea. That would be especially good for our boxer who struggles more to reach down to the water bowl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts