Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is raining and pouring here - big fat wet rain that makes you all soggy in a few minutes - so we don't want to go for a walk. Mum keeps taking us out for pees and poos, and we find a spot as close to the house as possible then dash back to the porch. So Mum said as we have been very good, and she doesn't much like walking in this sort of weather either, we can have Rainy Day Games! We have had Hunt the Treat, and all the puzzle toys, and I am already beginning to feel sleepy - sniffing things out is hard work as well as fun! I was rather hoping we might go to my favourite shop, which is another thing we do on wet days, but Mum says it is a long way to drive just for me to hunt for treats under the shelving, so we may just play more games at home.

What do you do on rainy days? I know some dogs love the wet, but we don't - Sophy doesn't even like getting her feet wet, and makes Mum carry her to the car if it is raining too much.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sounds like you are having lots of good fun there Poppy.
When it rains here I make my mom either come out and get me from the backyard or make her walk out in the front yard in the middle of a thunder storm. As for games my mom will through my ball for me and we will play Chase.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
We play hallway ball when it is raining or way too cold to play outside. My mom throws the ball and it goes bouncing everywhere. Then I run fast after it and bring it back.

Hunt the treat sounds fun. Do you think my mom can learn that game?

Love,
Noelle

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's quite an easy one for humans to learn, Noelle. We wait in the hall while Mum hides treats around the sitting room (although sometimes she just stands in the middle of the room and tosses them onto chairs and into the corners - I know, because I once peeked around the door), then Mum opens the door and says "OK!", and we see who can find most. There are not very many, so you really have to hunt and sniff and scramble around. Then when they have all gone Sophy tells Mum we have finished (Sophy always goes on looking longer than me, in case there is just one more), and we play it two more times. After three goes it is time to settle down for a while.

I quite like the chase-the-ball-down-the-hall game, but I don't see why I am expected to give it back. If you give things back to humans they just throw them away again. I take treasures to a safe place and hide them instead.

Reactions: Click-N-Treat

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Poppy, I am your pal. I don't like going out in rainy weather either. Sometimes I just stay on the porch when Mom wants me to go out. I hold it for as long as possible then dart out and then run right back up to the porch. We play fun rainy games too. We play hallway ball with a toy since I don't really like balls. And then we have some fun games with treats that Mom calls "training" - Your friend, Asta.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
But, but, Poppy, the runny part is what makes chasing a ball so much fun. If you brings it to your mum, she will throws it so you can do the fun runny part all over again.

I also try to catch the ball. I’m not very good at it, but I keeps trying.

Love,
Noelle

·
Registered
12,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I quite like the runny part, but I like the keepy part better! Our floors are a bit slippery and not very good for going fast. Mum thinks I should do more running, but she hardly ever goes faster than a walk so I don't know how she knows that it is a good thing to do. My favourite running game is when we are out for a walk somewhere with nice short grass, and I pretend she has said "Wait!" and let her get a long way ahead, and when she turns round to look for me she sees me way back behind her and spreads out her arms and says "Wheeeeeee!" and I run as fast as I can and throw myself into her arms for a cuddle. But that's not really a game you can play when everywhere is wet and soggy...

Poppy xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts