Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to share a very funny story.
It is raining outside …Toby takes 2 steps out and comes back in.

He walks out the door again, walks around the swing… and right back into the house he comes running!!

We knew he had to take care of business!!!!

My husband had to go get his shoes on and go out with him!

So there is my husband standing in the rain with a fleece to keep his head dry draped over his head, waiting for Toby to finish his business! :rain:

Really wish I could've taken a picture of that!

I guess Toby figured if Daddy can stand in the pouring rain it was OK for him too! lol

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I can picture him standing there waiting, encouraging, and what a good husband to go out in the rain. It's raining here too, Dolly could care less but Abbey needs a little push out the door.

·
Premium Member
22,869 Posts
I used to have to take Lily out on a leash in the back yard to get her to go while it was raining. Even though she was housebroken when she was still very young she would try to sneak into the basement and leave little gifts for us on the concrete floor there. Ironically though in the great outdoors she wouldn't be caught dead doing her thing on concrete if there was a choice of grass or dirt available.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Rain can cause some seriously silly behavior. Vidia ( my older dog) Will not go out to the back yard and potty if it is raining BUT if you let her out the front door she runs out does her business and runs back in. I have no idea what the difference is but she obviously sees one! :)

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
My Bella will hold herself for up to 3 days (won't eat or drink much at all). Called the vets and took her in, found nothing wrong. To this day she still does hold herself in snow (which I pay to have a path shoveled off the patio), or rain, but she still will hold it as she cannot get to the back yard. She will also do this when we travel. My yard is bark chip out back, and so she is not used to grass. My other 2 will use potty patch

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Rain can cause some seriously silly behavior. Vidia ( my older dog) Will not go out to the back yard and potty if it is raining BUT if you let her out the front door she runs out does her business and runs back in. I have no idea what the difference is but she obviously sees one! :)
Now that just made me laugh.......I have been there, done that, with Iris.....silly kids. ?

·
Registered
606 Posts
We have been having a couple of months of hot, dry weather. I'm dreading the coming of the rainy season! Nobody will be wanting to go outside. I think they forget about the phenomenon of water falling from the sky. I'll be standing out there with my big golf umbrella. :argh:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Dolly has never seen snow so that should be interesting, and the way the weather is lately it won't be long. It's raining and blowing hard, our temp is 10 c and forecast to drop to 5c overnight. Yuk

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Buck LOVES the rain! He is in no hurry to come inside either but I do have to join him. He's like a kid splashing in every puddle. My Scotties would never voluntarily go outside if there was the slightest mist. I had to put a leash on them and pull.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Zorro never minded going out, & loved his little raincoat. I always had a towel at the door to get his feet & then give him a body rub with the towel which he seemed to always enjoy.

I think Paddington will drown in the rain coat at his age but we'll give it a try. I'm looking a bit forward to trying out some new Wellies. Have always wanted a decent comfortable pair. Right before getting Paddington I broke down & finally bought a pair, walking a dog in the rain being my rationale. And then Target had a really cute print pair with owls on them which called to me. Now how about a great looking rain coat? And then, let the rain come without lightning.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Buck LOVES the rain! He is in no hurry to come inside either but I do have to join him. He's like a kid splashing in every puddle. My Scotties would never voluntarily go outside if there was the slightest mist. I had to put a leash on them and pull.
Hahah! I have 2 Scotties that don't care about rain, once they get used to it again after a dry summer/fall. They will go out in anything with their ears folded up. The third, however, is a little princess. I have to kick her out the door. Mackie, the 5 mo old spoo, was born in dry Utah and raised in the summer. It's been dry here since he moved in, so it will be interesting to see what his reaction will be to the rain. He doesn't like getting squirted with the hose outside but doesn't mind being sprayed in the bathtub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts