Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Quincy down to the grooming room and did a quick face, feet and tail. He is surely not happy being clipped. He licks and licks and licks the clippers the entire time. I took some photos outside after but he was being a bit of a monkey about that too. I am posting them, but will get more later now that Bruce is home. But, here he is!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never seen a dog like him. I tried and tried to get him to stop, then figured if he nicks it once, maybe he will stop. Won't be too bad a nick with a #30 blade. More like a pinch. I am going to have to get a grooming arm. I have never used one in my life, but unless I want to wait until someone else is here to hold his head out of the way, I think that is my only solution. Little bugger!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
He does look wonderful though. He just wants to give you a new challenge. You wouldn't want to get bored would you?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
oh little brat :doh:

he is the only pup to do this, the other ones where maybe crying or trying to get away at first but he was the only one trying to eat the clipper :p

He is looking good. Look forward to see more pics.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
He's sure looks like he is growing fast what a cutie...

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh little brat :doh:

he is the only pup to do this, the other ones where maybe crying or trying to get away at first but he was the only one trying to eat the clipper :p

He is looking good. Look forward to see more pics.
We are going to redo his top knot and get some in a wee bit. He is some cute though!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He sounds like a little character, Cherie! I love a puppy with spunk!
Love his head!!
Well, you would love him then. Lucky for him Holly has the patience of a saint. We will be watching TV and he walks past Holly, grabs her ear and keeps on going. Or if she is getting osme lovin', he comes up behind her and picks her back foot off the floor. I think he is trying to knock her over. She just smiles and plays ever so patiently with him! I like his head too. The next three photos I think I had the elastic in a bit too tight making him look a wee bit surprised.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cute as ever! Good to hear he's got some 'tude :D Difficult to groom but oh so cute!
It's funny...he is a gem in the tub and being dried with the HV dryer, and he does not mind being brushed at all. But the clippers apparently are not his friend at all!!

If he was too good about it I would wonder what was wrong Holly HATES her feet and nails being done and Thinker HATES his face being done, so this is par for the course...lol!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
OK first - I LOVE HIM!!! He is a stunning boy for sure:)

He picks at Holly like Olie has Suri!! Must be a puppy thing. Olie still does it, just not as rough and he's 11 months. Suri is patient too thank god! Oh and Suri does not bite the clippers but she puts her head down and watches and I am always lifting her head up, I need an arm too I suppose.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK first - I LOVE HIM!!! He is a stunning boy for sure:)

He picks at Holly like Olie has Suri!! Must be a puppy thing. Olie still does it, just not as rough and he's 11 months. Suri is patient too thank god! Oh and Suri does not bite the clippers but she puts her head down and watches and I am always lifting her head up, I need an arm too I suppose.
I think that is going to be the solution to the problem for me. You cannot see his feet while you are clipping because he bends over them licking like a mad fool.

Thanks for loving him. I think you would love him even more if you met him. He has a marvelous little personality and is such a little flurry of fun and antics.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I think you would love him even more if you met him. He has a marvelous little personality and is such a little flurry of fun and antics.
YEP!!!! :lol: My husband was smitten immediately upon meeting him and threatened several times to steal him and put him in our car on the way back to Bismarck! :) He's brought it up a couple of time since, "Why didn't we bring him back with us??" :( :lol:

He is truly a nice, sweet, fun boy!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YEP!!!! :lol: My husband was smitten immediately upon meeting him and threatened several times to steal him and put him in our car on the way back to Bismarck! :) He's brought it up a couple of time since, "Why didn't we bring him back with us??" :( :lol:

He is truly a nice, sweet, fun boy!
Ha,ha,ha!!! David tried, that's for sure. And he and Quincy seemed to develop insta-bond together! He would not have gotten within a foot of the front door with my baby in his arms!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts