12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is so good looking.
Thank you. I don't think you were on the forum when I got him, but Winnow, another member on here is from Iceland, and was posting photos of her litter, and I fell madly in love with this boy's head and began to consider him. Then realized his Mom is apricot and her background is loaded with reds and apricots and knew he would be right for my breeding program and imported him to Canada. He is a handsome boy and just loaded with personality!! We are crazy about him!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
well, i've fallen in love with reds from looking at your dogs and i love love love blacks and i think anyone w/ him as a papa would be a great dog.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i've fallen in love with reds from looking at your dogs and i love love love blacks and i think anyone w/ him as a papa would be a great dog.
How very kind!!! He will be Dad to some of our litters beginning in just over a year and a half... pending testing of course. And I am certainly excited!! He also has several stud services lined up for when his testing is complete, because other breeders are seeing in him what I see in him. He brings a lot to the table because he has a very diverse pedigree.

·
Registered
681 Posts
He's a cutie!! He looks so happy in that last picture

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Cherrie:
What an adorable puppy Quincy is.. He will serve you well into your future breeding program with his pedigree.
Nice to see some photos of this cute lad.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i'm having this fantasy ... in a few years ... red spoo ...

and then i go out and pick up pieces of my throw pillow that my dogs had SO much fun destroying and looked at me with smiles on their faces ...

and i forgive them ...

and i then trip in the hole by my office bldg that they dug.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cherrie:
What an adorable puppy Quincy is.. He will serve you well into your future breeding program with his pedigree.
Nice to see some photos of this cute lad.
Thank you Ora!! It is a pleasure to share them. He is a lovely boy, and we anticipate he will only bring good things to our program. I am a stickler for low COI's and his is less than 1% and bred to our girls the 10 generation COI is almost non-exisitant (0.06%) which makes me very happy. I have never been a fan of line breeding or inbreeding, and doubling up on potential trouble just doesn't seem very sensible to me.

He has fabulous coat, and generally speaking the reds coats just are not anywhere near that of the blacks and the whites, so I suspect he will give our future kids much better coats, as well as more underjaw, better chests, improved pigment...We are looking forward to it for sure. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Cherrie:
I hear you about COI% I have the same obsession.... I feel more comfortable with COI's less than 5 %, however I have to admit I have had dogs with a higher COI but if I do then I bred them to a total oucross.
This is what I ahve done with Cole, He has a higher COI and bred to Lola the progeny will carry 1.04% so not bad at all. They have no dogs in common so it will be interesting to see what they produce.. not too far now.. Aug. 24 due date.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
He is a looker! I love the vids and pic #4 is adorable!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Kiara's COI is .28 in a 10 gen and .96 in a 12 gen...some say that is bad because there is really no "type" developed from a low COI like that what do you think? Generically speaking of course.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Genetically speaking GREAT !!! I will take a low COI any day over TYPE.
I am happy with the type I produce in my low COI breedings.
I am more concerned with health issues in the breed today, rather than setting type.
Whats the point of setting type if one has type but not health in their line ??
You can not line breed for ever to set type and be absolved of genetic mishaps. Anyone knows that if you line or in breed you are taking big time chances since most poodle lines these days carry not only one genetic fault but several.. so why risk for what.. for TYPE??
Oh well, MHO

If you choose to breed your outcross girl to a line bred dog, that would not be tragic at all, but in future generations just dont repeat on the same dogs in the resulting pedigree combination.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Passion 4:
LOL just my thought when I saw Arreau's photo of her and the pretty boy.
LOL! I am glad I am not the only one! I did not want to sound like some psycho height obsessed nut job :scared:

Genetically speaking GREAT !!! I will take a low COI any day over TYPE.
I am happy with the type I produce in my low COI breedings.
I am more concerned with health issues in the breed today, rather than setting type.
Whats the point of setting type if one has type but not health in their line ??
You can not line breed for ever to set type and be absolved of genetic mishaps. Anyone knows that if you line or in breed you are taking big time chances since most poodle lines these days carry not only one genetic fault but several.. so why risk for what.. for TYPE??
Oh well, MHO

If you choose to breed your outcross girl to a line bred dog, that would not be tragic at all, but in future generations just dont repeat on the same dogs in the resulting pedigree combination.
That I agree, when it was explained to me I did not understand the desire for a high COI either, but I am a novice. I have seen some "type" dogs and although you can totally tell where some dogs cam from based on their "type" some of then I did not see as desirable at all. I think some breeders do keep both in mind, but I don't think they are breeding high COI's to keep the "type" over health. But that is not all of them....

Bringing new lines in...this is what I was hoping would be appealing about Kiara on the Island. Since importing can be way more expensive and time consuming and her lines are healthy..we will see.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts