Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to take Bella for a meet & great at the place we will possibly be boarding her for two nights. Any things you think of I should ask that might not occur to a newbie? Thank you!

I'm hoping she's on her mellow behaviors. She's almost 7 months already!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
If her hair is very long, I would definately ask about grooming, so she won't get matted. I would want to see the runs and find out the schedule. If they dogs get a play time or outdoor time, how long is it and what time of the day. Will they feed her food on her feeding schedule, is someone there at all times, do they have a vet on call? Do they have Poodle experience and how do they handle playtime if they have it? (This is probably more important to me b/c I have a Rottweiler. I want someone who knows the breed. I personally don't like the idea of playtime, when I'm not there, but everyone's different. I leave Harley at the vet b/c the male vet really likes him and one of the vet techs owns Rotties. They also have large runs. )

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not terribly long and she'd only be there 2 nights, and they do offer post-grooming but I'm more concerned with having someone I don't know touch her coat so I was just thinking I'd take her straight to the self-bathe (in case of fleas from the place!) on the way home.

I'm concerned about playtime from the other POV, what other breeds will be with my 'baby'. LOL. I'm also worried about dogs in heat around her b/c I don't want her to come into heat. I will have to ask specifics on that. I know they have their own private indoor/outdoor run, but I think they do have social time.

Thanks for the ideas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts