Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to keep Saleen's bracelets that I left on her nice. It's been wet here and I recall just WHY I hate bracelets. When Jazz had her's all big and poofy they were horrid to keep clean. I took to wrapping them with vet wrap for periods of time but that was a pain.

I have seen a few spoos with legging like coverings and I want to know more about that. Do I need to make them or can I buy them. I was thinking today what a great thing it would be to have a snood for her legs...

I don't need to keep them forever but I don't want to have to cut them off because they are more trouble than they are worth. Just trying to save them long enough to put her in whatever pretty style I decide after the baby is born and we are settled. I want to have enough hair to do the pretty flare on her hocks which is what those pom poms are doing there in the first place :) I didn't want to have to be bothered by re-growing hair to get the rounded look I am after.

·
Registered
646 Posts
When I was living where there was no material shops I bought a shower curtain and used that for 10 bucks I had enough to make 2 snow suits for the dogs and extra good thought about those leggings I should go find that extra with snow coming one day soon I hope

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou...

I don't sew but my husband knows how, maybe I can get him to help me. I'm sure I can find instructions online now that I know more of what I am looking for. I wasn't sure if I had made it up that they existed or not. My brain hardly functions lately.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Whisperwinds are nice but pricey (I bought two sets of leggins and collars) I made some leggings out of windbreaker material, much nicer and not to hard to make either.

To reduce matting when sleeping (caused by friction) I'm making satin covers for the dog bed. I'll let you all know how well this helps. I'm especially making pads for the cage for when we go to shows.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have some satin crate mats we bought at a show ages ago. Never had an issue with matting before we got them so I can't speak to how well they work either. Mostly I got them because they were pretty lol.

I only need the leggins for when Saleen goes outside in the mornings or late at night when the ground is wet or when it is raining. I just don't want all the extra dirt and mud and water in them which would encourage matting and make the house dirty. I think I am experiencing what they call nesting?? LoL, I am obessed with cleaning and organizing the house and for some reason am obessing over fleas as well though we don't have any that I know of. Anyway the leggings hopefuly will help keep dog and carpet cleaner lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts