Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to feed Nickel raw and will start from the raw meals I can get from a local natural pet store and eventually make our own.

Jeffrey's Natural Pet Foods

I have read that you should feed 2-4% of the body weight but I read somewhere that a growing puppy may need up to 8-10% of its body weight. So, how much should I feed daily? (I'm planning to feed raw for the two main meals and use his kibble as treats)

Another question, which brand of probiotics supplement would you recommend? I just want to have some at home, just in case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Much healthier then a lot of kibble but it sounds like a lot of work. As long as he gets some fish and organ meat once a week on each you should not need supplements. Although I do have omegas/fish oil tablets and probitic enzymes but have not used it in a while because all the dogs are doing so well on Raw prey model diet.

Puppies can eat up to 3 x's the average so that percent would be about right I think. I feed the RPM - meat, bone and organ - and its so much easier. The veggies are fine but they are not adding any additional nutrients over the meat sources they can have.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hi,

Jeffrey's is a great pet shop with a super knowledgeable staff. They will be able to help you with the proper amounts to feed your puppy. They make their raw food from all the local ingredients that is not fed antibiotics and such. They also make and sell their own supplements to add to food, but I think that their own brand already contains it. Have you gone by the store and talked to them???

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the raw food calculator.

Yes, I did stop by the store but they were super busy both times so I didn't have the chance to talk to them. Maybe I will just email them.

Thanks, everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts