Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started grooming my two SPOOs since Covid closed down the groomer. Ellie has a really curly coat, so I bought a Kool Pup dryer to try and help straighten it after her bath. I also apply a detangling spray after her bath. The dryer works well on her legs in straightening the hair but her back which is about 1/2 inch became really fluffy but not straight. Is there something else I should be doing? Like brushing as I am drying?

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Yes, you need to brush as you dry.

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Use a slicker brush and brush toward the head. You can get a good slicker with coated tips on Amazon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'll try the brushing while using the hv dryer after the next bath.
You will get the best straightening results with a stand dryer. It is hard to hold the nozzle of the force dryer (Kool Pup is a good one by the way - love Chris Christensen - I have a regular Kool Dry) and brush with one hand - you really need to line brush to straighten hair. I have Standards and when I groom I use the force to get most of the moisture out of the coats and then finish with the stand dryer so I can use both hands to brush, especially the topknot and ears.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts