Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,317 Posts
I don't think it is possible for you to delete your membership. You just turn off notifications and don't read or post anymore.

To do anything beyond that you need to talk to the admins.

I am sorry to see that you are feeling like you want to do something on these lines.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Well a bit of a change in direction I was deleted by a family member on Instagram LOL. Breeding her little 1 year old dog and posting she will have pups for sale. Hmm I put a sad face and she replied why sad? Need I say more...then I got deleted. LOL Oh well..

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Joe, why wouldn't you be very emotional? You lost your beloved dog Ricky of 14 years!!! I nearly lost my mind when I lost my poodle back in 2004. It took me 13 years to try again, which turned out for me to be way too long.

Some/many (?) people who have never had a dog they were extremely attached to and don't understand. Dogs are seen as property, and property can be replaced. In a great dog-human relationship, however, they are irreplaceable living companions.

When I lost my poodle, a friend with the property mindset said, "Well, I know you loved him and are still crying over him, but he was just a dog. You can get another one." Only the absolutely clueless would tell someone who lost a child they can have another one. Maybe they can, but it won't be that child. A parent that has another child never stops grieving on some level for the one he or she lost, but they do love the next one who has their own little personality.

A strong grieving response when it comes to beloved pets is what some people fail to understand. They may mean well, but can't really relate to the depth of your feelings. You may have encountered friends like this who don't know what to say to console you and stick their foot in their mouth. Try not to be mad; they just don't get it.

Many of us at PF are a very emotional bunch that plays out in different ways. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think it's safe to say we understand your grief and emotionality. In all things love, it's normal.

Whatever you decide to do - staying, taking a break, or leaving, or getting/not getting another poodle soon, later, or never - it's your time table. We're here for you.

Best wishes,

Vita

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't go, friend! If there's just one post or two that you don't want to keep here, flag them with the little hazard sign icon and ask the admins to delete for you.
Thank you! I bless you for your advice. I just tried this and I hope admin realizes how much I'd like that post deleted. Thank you, thank you.

I just came back from a few days away and a few less tears. A few.

I will respond to all the other kind people here in a bit, I promise.

You're all aces!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thank you! I bless you for your advice. I just tried this and I hope admin realizes how much I'd like that post deleted. Thank you, thank you.

I just came back from a few days away and a few less tears. A few.

I will respond to all the other kind people here in a bit, I promise.

You're all aces!
I'm so glad to hear this! You just made my day :love2: Hugs!

·
Premium Member
22,317 Posts
No need to reply to me. I am just happy to see you back to posting and a little less raw feeling.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, Vita, for your wise words.

Thank you everyone else as well.

I won't go, I'll need to share new pictures! I'll just have to live with the post I regret, if the admin won't delete it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts