Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
The PF main page describes you as a SuperMod and Staff now. In the past when you were a Moderator, when we clicked the Report button for Spam, you quickly deleted it.

Since the VerticalScope new platform rollout a month ago, the requirement for new members to make one post in Member Introductions before posting elsewhere has been abolished. This has led to an increase in spam which our members are complaining about on the We Are Live thread.

We also have not seen any comments or input from you on that thread regarding many other questions by longtime PF members. As of this moment, your profile says you were "Last seen: 12 days ago", and haven't posted since Oct 28, 2019.

1. So what exactly is your role and responsibilities now at PF?
  2. Are you now a paid staff or contract worker for VerticalScope, or still an unpaid volunteer moderator for PF?
  3. Has VS given you responsibilities at another or other VS forums, and if so, what?
  4. Are you still allowed to delete threads or posts from Spammers, or banning them?
  5. Has VS re-defined who and what a spammer is? If so, does this make it difficult in deciding how to handle a spam complaint?
  6. VS appears to have a new business model, and regarding spammers, could you please share why you (presumably) haven't been allowed to handle them as you did previously?
  7. Who exactly is the point person now that has the responsibility to handle spam, or is this a thing of the past?
Thank you,
Vita

Registered
Thank you, Vita, for posting this馃榿! I'm so sick of spam馃槧 Sometimes I can't tell if a member is real or not馃槨

Registered
I miss Plum - sensible, even handed, and quick to act. I hope this absence is just a well earned holiday.

Registered
I also miss Plum. She was a good moderator AND a poodle owner. I hope she returns to slay our new spam reality. Or perhaps she will hold up her VS handcuffs and explain why she cannot keep order any more.

Premium Member
Also the links to forum rules aren't working and there is chaos with "new member posts" showing up here therw and everywhere AND NO WORK on keeping spam at bay.

Super Moderator
The PF main page describes you as a SuperMod and Staff now. In the past when you were a Moderator, when we clicked the Report button for Spam, you quickly deleted it.

Since the VerticalScope new platform rollout a month ago, the requirement for new members to make one post in Member Introductions before posting elsewhere has been abolished. This has led to an increase in spam which our members are complaining about on the We Are Live thread.

We also have not seen any comments or input from you on that thread regarding many other questions by longtime PF members. As of this moment, your profile says you were "Last seen: 12 days ago", and haven't posted since Oct 28, 2019.

1. So what exactly is your role and responsibilities now at PF? (Same as it always has been I think. No one has told me differently anyway.)
  2. Are you now a paid staff or contract worker for VerticalScope, or still an unpaid volunteer moderator for PF? (I've never been paid by VerticalScope and I never will be.)
  3. Has VS given you responsibilities at another or other VS forums, and if so, what? (No/NA)
  4. Are you still allowed to delete threads or posts from Spammers, or banning them? (To my knowledge I can, but I am very unfamiliar with the new site at this time. I need to connect with the new administration for assistance.)
  5. Has VS re-defined who and what a spammer is? If so, does this make it difficult in deciding how to handle a spam complaint? (Not to my knowledge/NA)
  6. VS appears to have a new business model, and regarding spammers, could you please share why you (presumably) haven't been allowed to handle them as you did previously? (I can't share what I don't know. The only information I have received recently about the discontinuation of forcing new members to post in the Member Introduction forum first is that it was a hindrance to adding new members.)
  7. Who exactly is the point person now that has the responsibility to handle spam, or is this a thing of the past? (You can still private message the administrator or me I believe. I still have a lot of learning to do on how to work the new site and what authorities I still have.)
Thank you,
Vita
My answers to Vita's questions are underlined and in bold above. As many of you know, I am a real, live person, with a real, 40-50 hour per week job and a family (including furry family members). I usually do not come on to the forum unless I see that there is a reported post or if someone sends me a PM or contacts me via facebook about an issue here. I LOVE Poodles (especially Standard Poodles) even though my beautiful Lucybug Fancypants has gone to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I currently own Afghan Hounds and a cat and hope to add another Standard Poodle to my pack when time and finances allow. Before I add any animal to my family, I want to ensure I can provide for them in the best way possible. I am always willing to visit the site when needed, but am not a daily visitor anymore since Lucy has gone.

Thanks all!!

Barb Plum

Registered
Thanks for answering all the questions. I hope you can get answers from VerticalScope, along with a Quick Guide with illustrations on how to use the new platform, and keep us posted.
I was stunned a few years ago to find that modding PF is NOT a paid position. At that point, I got even kinder to our mods.
Thanks Plum! :)

Premium Member
One of the problems with not having to go through the member intro forum is that the spam posters are everywhere and not particularly obvious to note and report. The other thing that is sort of sad is that legit new members do't receive formal welcomes and I think is not a way to encourage participation.

And what about the links to find forum rules?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts