Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently found a wonderful groomer, who has two poodles herself, and is very reasonably priced. I would like to use a color-enhancing shampoo on Cricket, but our groomer only offers a brightening shampoo for white dogs. Would it be offensive if I bought my own red enhancing shampoo and brought it in and asked her to use it? Would that be in poor taste, or would that be ok to do? Just figured I would ask the groomers out there and get an opinion first! Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Not offensive at all! We have a few clients that bring in their own shampoos, whether the dog has a skin condition, or the owners have allergies to the shampoo we use. I've also had a client that brought mane and tail in with her dog for some reason, didn't ask why, but we used it on their dog. Just make sure not to forget taking the shampoo home with you, your groomer may forget it in the bathing area!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I second what fluffyspoos says.
I will forget peoples shampoos so they have to ask me for them back but usually they write their name on the bottle and leave it with me for every time the dog comes in.

I have alot on my mind at work so I can be forgetful with other things!
Hard to keep up with multiple dogs and remember extra things not usually in your routine :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
We always have people bringing in their own shampoo, one gets bathed in johnson and johnsons baby shampoo. but we have alot of dogs on rx shampoos as well

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Same as everyone else..in fact the last place I worked we had a cabnet just for shampoos for dogs that are customer-specific..all labeled so when that dog came in we grabbed their specific shampoo

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Same as the rest. You shouldn't feel odd at all about bringing your own shampoo. I've actually found a few customer shampoos that I liked or could recommend to other clients :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts