Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just a general question really! Does anyone keep their poodles longer and have you any pics? I can't really describe what I'm after to my groomer, we went for a kinda sports cut this time, but I feel his top knot was too high, rather than floppy and his face was trimmed to short. Next time I'm gonna ask her to cut the top knot a bit shorter and leave his face longer, but ideally I'd like him longer all over. Anyway just wondered if anyone had a pic I could maybe show her! Thanks for any help and hope I make sense....have a tendency to ramble lol! x

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Here is another photo of one with a longer teddy bear face that I groom. The coat is scissored to about an inch and a half. The face is rounded like a bichon in this picture so is left a little longer. I also groom one where the faced is scissored shorter like in the photo in the post above but I dont have any photos of him.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Lovely clip as always Wonderpup but I gotta say I really don't like a poodle without a clipped face. I know its personal preference but I can't imagine not seeing T's beautiful sculptured muzzle, he looks so refined with a #30 :biggrin:

And the apricot in the post above is absolutely horrible JMO :banghead:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Lovely clip as always Wonderpup but I gotta say I really don't like a poodle without a clipped face. I know its personal preference but I can't imagine not seeing T's beautiful sculptured muzzle, he looks so refined with a #30 :biggrin:

And the apricot in the post above is absolutely horrible JMO :banghead:
I'll second that.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'll agree, I like the clipped face. I turned the dog above into a bichon as soon as his coat got long enough and I have to say if I don't think about it being a poodle then I really like it. The bichon is my new favorite clip actualy. I've reccently re-discovered it after not having used it in over a year, (didn't have anyone who wanted it), I am now doing it to almost all of my poodle mixes and owners seem really happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i love any cut on a poodle. chester has had just about every cut and looked cute no matter what. here are some pics of his cuts over the years to help you decide what you want for next grooming. hope i was helpful.

i do have other pictures with him having a mohawk, puppy cut, and the cut your babe just got. i will post them later because they are saved on a different computer

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies! I think I'm just gonna keep him a little longer. So I'm gonna let him grow out a little, then ask her just to trim him? I just think his face looked 'too' trimmed for me if you get what I mean! :tongue: But he's still my little cutie! lol xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts