Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true it's hair and not fur? LOL silly q I guess but I am curious.

Ruby has very soft hair, especially after a bath, brush and blowdry, she looks almost like velvet and feels sooooo soft and wonderful. I love to just sit and stroke her lol. Mind you I also have a dog with no hair and I love his skin...

Will her hair always be soft and velvety or will it get course and not soft? Someone told me that when she gets her adult coat it will be similar to pubic hair in touch...now that in all honesty turns me off, a rougher coat I can deal with but petting pubic hair...well....yuck lol. Another person told me that she will get very tight curls, and since she will be a silver one day that her hair will be different as well....now these people I know don't know much about poodles and I'm sure are going just by opinion. So I want some thoughts from people who DO Know poodles, who DO know the answers to my questions.

I don't really care how she turns out as love is love no matter colour or texture, but I woudl like an idea as to what to expect. I can't remember what mom and dad felt like but I don't remember it being anything like what these people told me....Seems to me I remember mom was pretty curly but I'm not sure about daddy...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Uno (cream standard) is 2 and 10 mnth. Long time in his adult coat. It is soft and nice (not as soft as puppy coat, but). Sassy (black standard) is a bit over 1 and her coat is soft too. I met only few Poodles with very wiry hair.
I think you have nothing to worry about. Ruby will not become a "pubic hair". LOL

·
Registered
912 Posts
Some people refer to it as hair, some as fur. To me a dog has fur, but each to their own. I am sure she will not feel like a 'pubic hair' :rofl: when her adult coat comes through - it certainly is a sobering thought! Most of the adult coats I have felt have been still soft, just perhaps firmer under the touch than the puppy fur.

Yes if she is silver she is going to change colour but not necessarily have different texture than any other adult poodle. I can't remember the photos so will go back to another thread and have a look. Just because she is silver doesn't mean she will be excessively curly or more 'pubic hair-like' :biggrin:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Someone told me that when she gets her adult coat it will be similar to pubic hair in touch...now that in all honesty turns me off, a rougher coat I can deal with but petting pubic hair...well....yuck lol.
ROFLMBO!! That's pretty gross come to think on it.....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Whew!! Ummm, interesting analogy. LOL. My Grace has the more tight, curly hair. It is firmer to run your hands through but not course and NO it does not feel like "that"..lol. It is still soft, but with a firmer texture. I actually love to run my fingers through her coat, but, man, am I going to have to get "that" picture out of my mind when I do...lol... too funny!!

Nah...more men would have poodles.:lol::lol:
OMG, I almost fell off my chair reading this!!!! :rofl:
"George, why are you ALWAYS petting FeeFee with a smile on your face??"

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Will her hair always be soft and velvety or will it get course and not soft? Someone told me that when she gets her adult coat it will be similar to pubic hair in touch...now that in all honesty turns me off, a rougher coat I can deal with but petting pubic hair...well....yuck lol.

ROFL!!! Sorry but I'm at work and just droped in on this one... that comment had us all rolling... Love that... shoot there's my 12oclock.... or I would write more of a response

1 - 12 of 12 Posts