Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tis the season to cut hair! There are no dog shows in the near future. Today, this little man was put into a continental trim for when he shows as an adult dog. Such a handsome boy! Cannot wait to see what the future holds for him, once the world opens back up.

COVID has also put a dent in our health testing timeframes-- cannot get appointments to update our dogs' CERF/CAER exams, and genetic tests are taking longer to complete. Our Fall/Winter litter plans may be delayed because of this :( On the bright side, we are enjoying the extra time for training and getting our dogs extra ready for both performance and conformation rings. We'll most certainly be ready ;)

Let's see those COVID haircuts!

Rachel
TempleCity Poodles
www.templecitypoodles.ca
www.facebook.com/TempleCityPoodles/

Registered
Finn and Eden last professional groom first week in February. We鈥檝e been having a go ourselves. Well mostly my husband as he鈥檚 more comfortable with the clippers. I鈥檝e been in charge of bathing, drying and any scissor work. It gives you an even deeper appreciation of the work that groomers do.

Attachments

Registered
Charlie's first clip by me! It took more than two hours, but at 10 months he patiently sat on the table (with an old mattress pad -- gotta get a wipeable tablecloth!). His legs are sticks, his feet are little plates, and he's got tufts sticking out all over, but I was thrilled. I didn't do a lot of his face, and much of the trickier parts I did with scissors. Even though it's only been two months since his grooming, he certainly had a lot of hair (note the overflowing trash). But he still has a puppy coat, so that was a blessing! 20200504_173004.jpg 20200504_180917.jpg

Registered

I messed about with trims recently. Diva was in continental, it was the first time I have attempted it and I botched the rosettes 馃檲 so I whipped em off. That was 3 weeks ago. I trimmed her down abit and I鈥檓 growing out the legs, this is her quarantine trim.
im hoping her legs grow out fast so she can be in put Into puppy pants

1 - 14 of 14 Posts