Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Trixie Pet Products Flip Board Level 2 currently on sale at Amazon for $11.
Normie loves all puzzle games, but the two dark cones that have to be lifted off have so far stumped him. He managed the levers with no problem, but so far hasn't used enough force to move the cones.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I have a very similar one by trixie and it won’t take long before he figures it out. He just needs to lift it with his mouth and move it. Or he can bat it away with a paw.

You can help by sitting it in it’s position a little off so it’s unstable and easy to knock over so he can get at the treats underneath. Instead of it sitting neatly in its depression, have it tilted with part of it up on the rest of the flat top and part in the depression.

Alternately, have it sit partly on the food... the odor of the treat will draw his attention and it will be unstable and easy to knock over.

Mine is very well made and I highly recommend it as a fun food puzzle challenge.

Reactions: Michigan Gal

·
Registered
7,985 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a very similar one by trixie and it won’t take long before he figures it out. He just needs to lift it with his mouth and move it. Or he can bat it away with a paw.

You can help by sitting it in it’s position a little off so it’s unstable and easy to knock over so he can get at the treats underneath. Instead of it sitting neatly in its depression, have it tilted with part of it up on the rest of the flat top and part in the depression.

Alternately, have it sit partly on the food... the odor of the treat will draw his attention and it will be unstable and easy to knock over.

Mine is very well made and I highly recommend it as a fun food puzzle challenge.
I confess. I was reading a good book and enjoyed that this puzzle kept Normie busy. I relented and placed one of the cones at an angle. Doggy success!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Now that Normie knows he can get treats from under the cones, he will figure it out quickly with no help.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
For anyone interested in earning the AKC trick dog titles - having your dog demonstrate that they can work this puzzle toy to get at hidden treats counts as one trick.

Reactions: Fenris-wolf
1 - 10 of 10 Posts