Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of the litter at (almost) 6 weeks. The breeder just did their faces for the first time. What sweet little cuties! I've got a pretty good idea which one I want. I don't want to decide for certain until I meet them. I can't wait to kiss her cute little nose and rub her tummy!

I knew it would get increasingly difficult. Waiting is getting to be excruciating. We are aiming to get her on the 31st, but hubby won't get his next month's work schedule until the 21st.

Hi Zulee!!!! :hello: Now that you can see me! Sending Kisses :kissing:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
AAHHH!! SO CUTE!!! Love the little black shaved faces! So hard to wait, I know!! They're all beauties, but care to share which one you're leaning towards? :curl-lip:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking about the one on the right. She has been a little more attentive and curious about her surroundings. She looks at the camera a lot. It's hard to tell from the photos that I have. She may also have a little white on her chin. I have a feeling I will really need to keep an eye on this curious one!

I also really like the one on the left. She seems more timid and is always cuddling for security. It looks like her color is totally black. I absolutely LOVE her cute little face. I know with a little training, she would become very secure in her new home.

The one in the middle is adorable. It looks like she didn't get all the hair shaved on her nose. She is noticeably bigger than the other two (from previous photos). I want a poodle I can carry and am concerned she may turn out to be a mini. It's so hard to guess how tall they will get.

Either way, I know I will have a good quality companion. It's a tough decision.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Cute!!! What does the breeder say about their personalities?

Ours was pretty much picked out for us, based upon what we wanted in size and personality. We could have chosen another, but the breeder was totally right-on with her pick. I remember how nerve-wracking that was and I think I only had to wait 2 weeks from when we called her until we picked Bella up.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted the breeder several months ago knowing I wouldn't be able to get my little baby for a few months out. She interviewed me asking several questions about what I would like to do with my poodle. As a result, this litter was tailor made to my specific needs based on the sire and dam that she chose to put together. Kay has been keeping me updated on their growth and the pups in general.

We have discussed a little bit which one is best for me. We both agreed to wait for me to see them. I'll take her advice as a big part of my decision.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
They are all sooo cute! I looked at all of the photos and right away the one on the right stood to me. I can't wait to see which one you actually take home.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks SpooSpirit. It will be interesting to see which one I end up with. Waiting three more weeks just seems like forever. In one way, I'll be glad we don't change her homes right in the middle of her first fear phase. I know it usually works out just fine. I'm convincing myself I can wait that extra week! It will be fun to see my mother-in-law and her new hubby on the 29th, so waiting is for a good reason.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
They certainly are cuties!! Kiss those noses..lol. My first thoughts when I looked at the pics was I liked the one on the left and the right, but the left one is the one I like the face of, but then, in person it would be better to get and idea. And, of course, personality is very important, and how you and the pup interact.

Good luck in your choice, I am sure you are going to be happy with whichever you bring home. .... After your looonnnng wait. lol :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts