Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a four year old standard poodle named Army from a very reputable breeder near Darlington, Wisconsin for adoption. Army has a very loving disposition and loves to be around other dogs he is acquainted with. Army is used to roam of the house and has never been housed in a crate and would not do well in a in a home that would crate him. He loves to play and does well with another dog in the home. He is used to sleeping with his owners and gets very attached to his owners. Army is in the Omaha, Nebraska area and would love to find a home near Omaha.
1.jpg
2.jpg
Army1.JPG

We have a new home in a HOA that does not allow large dogs so our loss is someones loving gain. Army is free to a good home, he would prefer a fenced yard in which he can run and would also adapt very well if there were another dog in the home for companionship.

·
Super Moderator
2,595 Posts
This sounds like a rough situation. I'd like to draw you attention to one of the PoodlecForum Rules: "PF is not a broker for the direct selling of puppies, dogs, live animals..." Therefore, I would encourage you to work with a responsible local group. First, and most importantly, have you contacted the breeder about this situation? Most reputable breeders are happy to help, and many purchase contracts require the buyer to contact the breeder.

There are also a number of Poodle and multi breed rescues. I belive there is a poodle rescue in Omaha.

·
Super Moderator
2,595 Posts
A quote from a document in that came with my dog's AKC registration packet:

The Poodle Club of America urges that if ever the day comes when you cannot care for your Poodle for whatever reason, you contact your Poodle's breeder. If you are unable to contact the breeder there is a national rescue organization set up within the Poodle Club of America that can put you in contact with someone in your area who will help you with your Poodle. Our goal is that no Poodle will have to go to an animal shelter. rescue Email: [email protected].

The AKC always has the name and number of the current contact for Rescue for the Poodle Club of America ---American Kennel Club, 8051 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 100, Raleigh, NX 27617-3390, [email protected].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.