Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the first litter I have my eye on is due this week-end. I have my fingers crossed for a good size, although the breeder has cautioned me that she thinks there may only be two or so pups. :( If this one doesn't work out, another breeder has pups due end of March. It's been over a year since I decided I was definitely ready for a dog, and over 8 months since I decided on a poodle. I'm getting impatient, so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Here's mom of the first litter

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She is GORGEOUS! I hope she has your pup. I can't wait until you get to hold your little baby!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
My fingers are crossed for you too! I'm in the same boat. I've found a breeder I really like, they had one litter born in Jan but it was very small and they are planning another for later this year. (different dam) Hopefully there will be a puppy available for me in that litter.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fingers are crossed for you too! I'm in the same boat. I've found a breeder I really like, they had one litter born in Jan but it was very small and they are planning another for later this year. (different dam) Hopefully there will be a puppy available for me in that litter.
That's exciting! I know it's worth waiting for the right litter, but sometimes I feel like I just want a puppy NOW! My goal is to have brought my puppy home by July at the latest. :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Amen sister! Waiting is so hard, especially when you know you could find a puppy right now. You have to keep reminding yourself that you've checked out the other breeder, really like them, etc. I'm still checking out a few other breeders just in case but something keeps comeing up that makes the first breeder seem that much better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awww just to think..your future little puppy is still a sweet dream in the sky :in-love:

my goodness i feeling the spoo itch..and my first boy is just 5 month old

·
Registered
478 Posts
Fingers crossed!!! I just decided on a breeder yesterday, and the litter was born on the 22nd. Now it's worse because I know he's here and I have to wait to get my hands on him. :fingers-crossed::)

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Oh my gosh, Cdnjennga!!! The dam is gorgeous!!! Hoping things turn out JUST the way you want!! :clover:

When I was waiting for my Lucy to be born, I was the third person on the list wishing for a girl puppy (Arreau assured me that if I would open my heart to accepting a male puppy that I would not be sorry and I was thiiiiis close to agreeing to change my mind if necessary - but my heart really wanted a girl-baby...)

Arreau phoned me with regular updates as each puppy was born so I knew exactly when enough girls had made an appearance and I was sure I'd get the puppy of my dreams!!! I remember how excited I was :marchmellow: (and then, of course; came the agonizing months of waiting for the babies to show their pup-onalities so we knew which one of the three beautiful girls would be joining our family!) but luckily all of the people who were (im)patiently waiting for these kids were provided with nearly daily pictures and videos so it felt like we were "right there" too!

My hubby and I knew we wanted a spoo... we were confident in our breeder... we knew we could be patient and wait for another year or two for the right puppy, if necessary... But I was sooooo happy when I learned that I would be able to welcome Lucy into our hearts and home!

I wish that feeling for you!! :) Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! I will of course keep you all up to date. The breeder sent me an email a couple of days ago, just to say nothing yet, and I was thinking "don't email me till they're here!" because I got a nervous feeling when I saw who it was from. :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh my gosh, Cdnjennga!!! The dam is gorgeous!!! Hoping things turn out JUST the way you want!! :clover:

When I was waiting for my Lucy to be born, I was the third person on the list wishing for a girl puppy (Arreau assured me that if I would open my heart to accepting a male puppy that I would not be sorry and I was thiiiiis close to agreeing to change my mind if necessary - but my heart really wanted a girl-baby...)

Arreau phoned me with regular updates as each puppy was born so I knew exactly when enough girls had made an appearance and I was sure I'd get the puppy of my dreams!!! I remember how excited I was :marchmellow: (and then, of course; came the agonizing months of waiting for the babies to show their pup-onalities so we knew which one of the three beautiful girls would be joining our family!) but luckily all of the people who were (im)patiently waiting for these kids were provided with nearly daily pictures and videos so it felt like we were "right there" too!

My hubby and I knew we wanted a spoo... we were confident in our breeder... we knew we could be patient and wait for another year or two for the right puppy, if necessary... But I was sooooo happy when I learned that I would be able to welcome Lucy into our hearts and home!

I wish that feeling for you!! :) Good luck and keep us posted!
Ah that's nice! I'm in the same (yet opposite) boat. I'm looking for a boy, so not only does there need to be more than 2, but preferably I'd like to see at least 2 boys in there! I personally would be open to either, but my mom feels (and I agree) that a neutered boy will be a better fit with Ziggy. I don't live with my parents but it's still important that my dog fit in with theirs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts