Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My standard bitch pup is now 9 mths old. She has been totally raw fed since 8 weeks and is now 24" high and approaching 20kg. I have used a complete raw food which is pre packed. On the packet it clearly marks volume for puppies and adults based on weight. This equates twice the volume for a pup in relation to a an equivelant weight adult. ie for 20kg weight she is on 800g a day whereas according to the feed table, a 20kg adult should be 400g. When should I be reducing her daily intake to bring her back to adult volumes ? Is it yet too early ? The reason I ask is that in the last couple of weeks she has definately not as keen for her food and will even almost leave a meal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Great question. I don’t have the answer in the tip of my tongue, but many of the kibble websites have a more detailed feeding schedule, with finer intervals for age and weight. I think Hills Science Diet was a website I’ve referenced before.

You can use the calorie content as your reference. If you are unsure of the calorie content of your food, you can still use the feeding chart you come across, by simply taking the percentage of the puppy max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,869 Posts
We transitioned our dogs to adult portions roughly at 7-9 months of age. I do think your pup is telling you she may be ready to have smaller portions by not finishing all of what you are offering.

Reactions: krantzcke
1 - 3 of 3 Posts