Poodle Forum banner

PUPPY SHOW CLIP

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Garnet2020 
#1 ·
LONG ...Need some help. Trying to find pictures of the Puppy Show Clip. I would like to show my girl first in UKC & hopefully hand her over to a professional handler for AKC. ( I know, I know some AKC people frown upon UKC ! ) In the past I have taken great pride showing my STD'S to UKC CH & GRCH in the UKC venue. We did it together & also the SPOT ON & CGC titles. I want to keep this girl in a Puppy Show Clip so when (hopefully) to turn over to a Pro. she will be groomed properly.
So if you have any examples of this clip up until they are one year old, pictures & advice appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello Garnet,

I highly recommend Shirlee Kalstone's book on poodle grooming. For one thing, it has great pictures of the different clips and information on how to care for poodle hair. I would recommend it as the best source of info on the puppy show clip. Many say the show puppy clip is one of the most challenging because it must change every time the dog is groomed due to the dog's size changing and hair quality changes.

I am also planning on taking a trip around the UKC show ring. We should keep comparing notes on the experience! I am not going to switch to AKC, though, because it doesn't match my goals for this particular dog.

Below is a picture of Violet in the puppy show clip but it is not perfect. Her rear is a little off because of some home grooming mistakes, and she is not brushed or stacked properly. In Violet's case, her hair is half curly and half puppy coat. The puppy coat on her back gives an appearance of being a cape. This is how a show puppy coat looks on this dog, at this age, with this stage of coat change. Lots of variables! We continue to work on growing coat.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

#4 ·
Hello Garnet,

I highly recommend Shirlee Kalstone's book on poodle grooming. For one thing, it has great pictures of the different clips and information on how to care for poodle hair. I would recommend it as the best source of info on the puppy show clip. Many say the show puppy clip is one of the most challenging because it must change every time the dog is groomed due to the dog's size changing and hair quality changes.

I am also planning on taking a trip around the UKC show ring. We should keep comparing notes on the experience! I am not going to switch to AKC, though, because it doesn't match my goals for this particular dog.

Below is a picture of Violet in the puppy show clip but it is not perfect. Her rear is a little off because of some home grooming mistakes, and she is not brushed or stacked properly. In Violet's case, her hair is half curly and half puppy coat. The puppy coat on her back gives an appearance of being a cape. This is how a show puppy coat looks on this dog, at this age, with this stage of coat change. Lots of variables! We continue to work on growing coat.

View attachment 464684

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.